Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hillside Cycle/Woods 103" project

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 08:38 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by arealinvestor
Wow, lots of attitude & personalities in this thread.Here is my .02 ;As stated before headwork is probably the single most important thing that can be done to the twin cam motor.With the addition of the head work & cam with comp to match ,you will definitely see improvements.Klassic does make some valid points concerning the tuning device being used, as well as,the pipes being used.I don't think either will help you gain much,& in fact you might be leaving some on the table.Last but not least,doing all these changes & not getting the bike dyno tuned is kind of defeating the purpose.Klassic made some valid points,but his delivery was kind of abrasive.What puzzles me about you Klassic is your running these same SE 255 cams in your build.These cams ,for certain, run out of legs very early.Will he gain by doing the head work, sure he will if he pays close attention to other details,like comp matching the cam!!! You have picked a good man to do the job,Scott & the Hillside team can definitely do the work, & get it done right!! I've seen some of their builds, featuring his headwork, produce strong numbers!!!

My fingers type faster than my mind so I see how my initial reply could be taken out of context even after the edit and for this I do apologize.

Build it and build it right and it will rip. That's what I should have said for the simpletons.

As Carl stated, take LOTS of pics and definitely keep this thread up to date. I'm eager to share your excitement when finished.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:35 AM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey simpleton,
I resemble that remark. LOL. Glad to hear that you have a conscious.

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
My fingers type faster than my mind so I see how my initial reply could be taken out of context even after the edit and for this I do apologize.

Build it and build it right and it will rip. That's what I should have said for the simpletons.

As Carl stated, take LOTS of pics and definitely keep this thread up to date. I'm eager to share your excitement when finished.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:51 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 74,773 Likes on 22,495 Posts

Still so modest....You should be appologizing the OP.

Ever heard the saying;" Don't write a check with your hummingbird *** that your alligator mouth can't cash? You being from LA should know that one, huh char?

Old 01-07-2010, 01:04 PM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Don't write a check with your hummingbird *** that your alligator mouth can't cash?
Never heard that one. I thought it was the other way around.... "Your mouth is writing checks your *** can't cash." WTFDIK?

Old 01-07-2010, 01:22 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by matrix5
Never heard that one. I thought it was the other way around.... "Your mouth is writing checks your *** can't cash." WTFDIK?

Yep you're right, I was wrong on that one,
but I'm not from LA so that's my excuse. LOLOL...
Thanx for the clarification though.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:49 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Still so modest....You should be appologizing the OP.

Ever heard the saying;" Don't write a check with your hummingbird *** that your alligator mouth can't cash? You being from LA should know that one, huh char?

Last edited by UltraKla$$ic; 01-07-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:04 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

You should know...

Old 01-07-2010, 10:55 PM
thereal142
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

gris-gris...........

Old 01-08-2010, 01:36 AM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd add my 2 cents, but my pockets are empty...

Old 01-24-2010, 04:56 AM
B-1B_Guy
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a quick update on the build. Installed the TW-7H's and the SE billet cam support plate last weekend. Install was a breeze, Atrain's post helped a bunch.....THANKS! I was impressed with the quality of the billet support plate. The tolerance between the cam/crank gears is .010 and mine was .0015, the smallest feeler guage I had and I had to force it in (wife hates it when I do that). Heads will be back from Hillside this week and if it ain't below zero I'll be wrapping this project up next weekendHillside Cycle/Woods 103" project-billet-plate.jpg

Hillside Cycle/Woods 103" project-255vstw7.jpg.
SE compensator and new clutch will be next. Thanks for the feedback.

Quick Reply: Hillside Cycle/Woods 103" project