Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hillside Cycle/Woods 103" project

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 11:05 PM
gsxrboy96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobberino
Wow, I just accidentally clicked on this thread and everybody's mad......
haha, aint that the truth,

Old 01-03-2010, 11:09 PM
thereal142
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Here's my take: The cams and Hillside's headwork are going to make a NIGHT AND DAY difference in your scoot....Enough to have you grinning from ear to ear and muttering in amazement to yourself as you go through the gears for the first time. You will not be sorry. I, like most, are assuming that you will have your build dynotuned by a good tuner. The tuning PRODUCT you use is not as important as the tuning HUMAN that you use. If you traded your "inferior" trueduals for a good 2-1 pipe you would see a couple more pounds down below 3500, probably, but in turn with your duals you should see a couple more ponies up high. Whoop.
Getting rid of the anemic EPA 255's was the single best mod I have done to my bike. In my opinion, the SE 255 cams are the most over-hyped, weird offering the MOCO has put in the SE catalog. Ever. These cams combined with the now-generation of Rich Urban "Biker" have been the greatest contributor to the crank-scissoring phenomonen of 2007+...These motors are begging not to be lugged at 2000 rpm, and if these Twincams had legs and feet, they would give these riders a good swift kick in the ********* whenever they grab a handful of throttle in 6th gear.
Enjoy your build, enjoy your cams, enjoy your duals.....save all your buddies a stool at the bar; they won't be TOO far behind.

Last edited by thereal142; 01-03-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:48 PM
brokeboystreetglide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everyone has to learn the hard way guys. i sure did. i did a drop in 95ci kit and my bike ran great. i added cams and heads and dropped down to 72 hp...another build is in process on my bike starting from scratch. and alot more $$$ down the drain..

Old 01-04-2010, 06:50 PM
brokeboystreetglide
Advanced

gsxrboy96 is quite aware of my current woes lol..

Old 01-04-2010, 08:14 PM
gsxrboy96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brokeboystreetglide
gsxrboy96 is quite aware of my current woes lol..
yes, most of us have been there, and it sux not getting what you pay for, and it really sux when you pay for it twice !! lol, but imo, thats how we live and learn and dont make the same mistakes twice, looking foward to seeing what that new 95 puts out for ya. chad.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:02 PM
brokeboystreetglide
Advanced

Originally Posted by gsxrboy96
yes, most of us have been there, and it sux not getting what you pay for, and it really sux when you pay for it twice !! lol, but imo, thats how we live and learn and dont make the same mistakes twice, looking foward to seeing what that new 95 puts out for ya. chad.
hey chad i havent gotten my heads or jugs back yet, but the new combo should work out well. im gonna go with the 575 cams and a hsr42. id be perfectly happy seeing 90hp and good torque. in reality, anything more then that and ill likely start breaking parts as i ride the electra glide as hard as i ever did the zx11.(except turns)lol..

Old 01-04-2010, 09:16 PM
2010electraglidelimited
2nd Gear
Wink cool it!

Let's fight it out with a DYNO sheet after the build. Let the facts talk and we can move on. There are so many performance options out there it can make your head spin. My brother just installed a bolt on Procharger on his '09 S.E. glide, 142H.P. no other crap added." He who dies with the most toy's wins!"

Old 01-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by B-1B_Guy
All,

Here's my current set-up:

'09 Ultra Classic
HD 103" stage 2 w/ 255 cams
PCV w/ Autotune
SuperTrapp true duals w/ SuperTrapp slip-ons.
HD Heavy breather

This weekend I pulled the heads and am sending them off to Scott at Hillside Cycle for their stage III port job. I have a set of Wood's TW-7H cams on the way along with some S&S adjustable pushrods.

While I have this thing torn apart is there anything else I need to swap out? Let me know what you think and I'll keep you posted on my build. Tried to post pics but not sure if it worked.

Happy New Year,

B1

Attachment 86925

Attachment 86926
those 255 cams work real well for lots of folks using the stock heads. Since you're doing the head work, then the door is wide open for you to consider lots of other cams that don't work so well with the stock heads. You've got the motor torn apart, why not go to 10.5-1 pistons? Add some 259e cams (or wild things tc-26's) and a thunderheader 2-1.

I love the 255's in otherwise stock bikes. Great bang for the buck. But as since you're doing the head work, you might as well try to move both hp and torque curves up a bit.

Lots of opinions out there, mine's no better than anyone else's.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010electraglidelimited
" He who dies with the most toy's wins!"
And uses them.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts

Wow! I can't believe how upset everyone got on this post. Hell, there are posts everyday suggesting stupid things and outright wrong recommendations. This exhaust thing is a good one. Get this, "a 2 into one exhaust isn't always the best." Heresy you say, you all read everyday that a Fat Cat is the only way to go. Usually a 2 into 1 is best for low end and mid range. Going drag racing dual straights will get that top end. Beyond that, a lot of guys don't like the asthetics of a 2 ito 1. The exhaust really only moves the peak power around to different r.p.m.s. and no exhaust will make a difference even close to good heads and cams with a mediocre exhaust. I won't dignify the comparison of 255 cams to well modded heads and decent cams. Remember what "Tater Salad" said about arguing with stupid people. To paraphrase it was something like: You ain't gonna win and they have way more experience. Well back to "internet wrenching."

Last edited by Northside; 01-04-2010 at 11:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Hillside Cycle/Woods 103" project