Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hillside Cycle/Woods 103" project

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 07:25 PM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sir,
Are you angry because this gentleman is not doing things your way or are you angry because those SE255's are giving you marginal performance and marginal gas mileage with those stock heads? If I'm wrong about that set up of yours, please correct me. Did you come up with all of your "wrenching ideas" on your own? If the internet wrenches are stupid, then why are you on this forum?
I actually wrench on hogs and have made plenty of mistakes myself. Since you are in competition mode, I bet that 103 of yours wouldn't stand a chance against my 95".

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
Why don't you explain to us "naive" peasants exactly what he is going to gain in this recipe of a motor build by just changing cams and having the heads messaged but still maintaining inferior pipes/tuner/and no mention of a dynotune to complement the build? I'm all ears.

Let me guess, you're from the school of internet wrenches too?

Another hdforum know it all. No shortage of these around here.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 337 Likes on 214 Posts

Subscribed for this one.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:37 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by producer
Sir,
Are you angry because this gentleman is not doing things your way or are you angry because those SE255's are giving you marginal performance and marginal gas mileage with those stock heads? If I'm wrong about that set up of yours, please correct me. Did you come up with all of your "wrenching ideas" on your own? If the internet wrenches are stupid, then why are you on this forum?
I actually wrench on hogs and have made plenty of mistakes myself. Since you are in competition mode, I bet that 103 of yours wouldn't stand a chance against my 95".
In an attempt to prevent you from looking like a BIGGER fool than you already do, I'll leave this thread so you can carry on. You're too dumb to be surprised at anything but I bet you'd eat your own shorts if you really knew how "marginal" my performance really was.

B-1B_Guy, at least look at the other parts of your build where you can possibly improve and complement what you're doing.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:46 PM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok
Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
In an attempt to prevent you from looking like a BIGGER fool than you already do, I'll leave this thread so you can carry on. You're too dumb to be surprised at anything but I bet you'd eat your own shorts if you really knew how "marginal" my performance really was.

B-1B_Guy, at least look at the other parts of your build where you can possibly improve and complement what you're doing.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:17 PM
B-1B_Guy
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Atrain,

You stated, "I'll bite. I'd be interested in some more background on how you got to the 103 and SE255's. What didn't you like about them and what are your goals on this project. Just wondering???".

I bought the 103 with 255's when the bike was brand new. I liked it, it was decent power, even with the download/slip-ons & an intake.

I'm like 90% of the other folks on these sites, I like to make improvements; therefore, I added a PCV and true duals. I'm only assuming 90% of us do stage 1 upgrades.

Now, it's winter in South Dakota and it's time for me to wrench on my bike and make more improvements. I wasn't dissatisfied with my old set-up, I just enjoy upgrading my bike.

I researched this project for 3 months and decided to go with Woods & Hillside because of their experience, reputation & successes.

What am I looking for? Stump pulling torque! I ride 2 up/fully loaded all the time and I want more.

Thanks for asking.

Certainly didn't mean to offend anyone on this site; however, the "original 5:18PM" first reply to this post was rude and there's absolutely no reason it.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:33 PM
gli.der
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't we all just get along!!!

Old 01-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Motorman10
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by B-1B_Guy
All,

Here's my current set-up:

'09 Ultra Classic
HD 103" stage 2 w/ 255 cams
PCV w/ Autotune
SuperTrapp true duals w/ SuperTrapp slip-ons.
HD Heavy breather

This weekend I pulled the heads and am sending them off to Scott at Hillside Cycle for their stage III port job. I have a set of Wood's TW-7H cams on the way along with some S&S adjustable pushrods.

While I have this thing torn apart is there anything else I need to swap out? Let me know what you think and I'll keep you posted on my build. Tried to post pics but not sure if it worked.

Happy New Year,

B1

Attachment 86925

Attachment 86926
Just ask Scott on what you need- Don't listen to the BS from other members, they are just jealous that you are having Scott do some work for you. Best in the business IMO. Down below is my build that Scott did..

Old 01-03-2010, 09:11 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay, I'll play devil's advocate for a minute here. I can see why the OP is doing what he's doing. In my mind (which isn't always correct either!) you're upgrading your cams, and getting the heads cleaned up which can't hurt as well. But what Ultra was posting had validity to it. There's definitely something to be said for a 2 into 1 exhaust for low end torque, and having it dyno'd correctly can make a huge difference as well. That being said, I'm going to be doing most of your same mods real soon here, and even though I could bump my numbers a little more with a 2 into 1, I'm willing to sacrafice a little there just because I love the look and sound of my Rineharts. I think the PCV is just fine for any application, but I would have a true dyno done on it because I don't believe that the autotune feature will be as "dead-on" as a good dyno tuning. I don't think Ultra's necessarily wrong, but he's just got a way of phrasing what he's saying once in awhile.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:13 PM
gsxrboy96
Road Warrior

ok ok, im gonna stir the pot a bit, since most of us are internet wrenches, since ultra klassic has a chip on his shoulder, espically when it comes to hillside, and his word is the gospel, and all of you are peasants are among the lower rung of our population, id wage a friendly wager of my hard earned cash, 20 bux says b18s unmatched, crappy tuned, even crappier exhaust combo makes more hp/tq than our real wrench, ultra klassic 103, any takers !

Old 01-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Bobberino
Road Master

Wow, I just accidentally clicked on this thread and everybody's mad......

Quick Reply: Hillside Cycle/Woods 103" project