Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about Gerbing Heated Gear

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Scubadog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Questions about Gerbing Heated Gear

Decided that I'm going to take the leap into the world of heated gear. After reading a lot of info here I've pretty much decided on Gerbing. Looking to get the T5 gloves, jacket liner and dual controller

Questions:

Is there a big difference between the T5 and the G3 Gloves?

Other than logo, is the HD stuff all Gerbing?

Where do I find the best price?

Thanks!!

Old 01-03-2010, 01:51 PM
1plumr1
Road Warrior
Received 411 Likes on 219 Posts

HD is made by Gerbings. I have HD gauntlet style heated gloves, Gerbings jacket liner, and toumaster pant liner, with dual control. All of them work extremely well.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:55 PM
rogerfromco
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gerbing seems to be price controlled, so while you might find a small difference in prices you won't likely find a large difference.

I have the G3's and recently tried on a set of T5's since I heard they were less bulky, but didn't feel much difference in overall size. I think the big difference is in the leather construction of the glove. You can compare the two here http://www.gerbing.com/Products/gloves.html

Old 01-03-2010, 02:05 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerfromco
Gerbing seems to be price controlled, so while you might find a small difference in prices you won't likely find a large difference.

I have the G3's and recently tried on a set of T5's since I heard they were less bulky, but didn't feel much difference in overall size. I think the big difference is in the leather construction of the glove. You can compare the two here http://www.gerbing.com/Products/gloves.html

I disagree - right there in your state (littleton) {Grandprix Motorsports} I found 20% off and NO shipping... plus, since I am out of state NO sales tax

Last edited by harley0711; 01-03-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Scubadog
Cruiser

So is the HD version , part no. 98323-09VM, the same gloves as the new T5 Gerbings? Or are they the G3's?

Thanks

Old 01-03-2010, 03:51 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

The T5 has a longer gauntlet and is constructed differently.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:53 PM
lrays280z
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was out riding today here in N. Ga and the temps were in the mid 20s. No way I would have enjoyed the day if it wasn't for my Gerbing's gloves and jacket. You will love them!

Old 01-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Scubadog
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rthomp159
The T5 has a longer gauntlet and is constructed differently.
OK, now I am thoroughly confused. I was at the dealer yesterday and the salesperson told me that the HD heated gear is Gerbing with an HD logo. So which is better? The HD Heated gloves or the Gerbing T5's?

Thanks

Old 01-03-2010, 04:58 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

HD and Gerbing one in the same gerbing makes all HD stuff and then you pay the extra price for the HD logo.

Just was at iron pony in columbus ohio and they had some gloves hooked up you could try on and adj the temp i got to say the T3 was my favorite and most comfortable one i put on.

Hey anyone know if Grand prix is still doing the 20% off or was that just before christmas and over now. and was it on the new micro wire stuff or the older last year model jackets and liners.

Also not sure who if anyone has ordered from a website called heatedclothingoutlet.com but there prices are really good iam wondering about them as well.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 288 Likes on 191 Posts

Here's the link to Gerbings gloves
http://www.gerbing.com/Products/gloves.html

as for heated gear, I've been using Gerbings for several years. Started out with the jacket liner, pants liner, gloves and socks....I love the jacket liner, pants liner and gloves, not the socks...socks worked but made the boots too tight...

I now have the Gerbings Union Ridge heated outer wear. The jacket liner was warmer ( as was the pants) but I don't have to carry two jackets now or stop, go into a bathroom, drop pants and put on pant liner...the suit ( jacket and pants) are waterproof, windproof and warm...works for me.

I would start with;
1. jacket liner ( not the vest, arms will get cold)
2. gloves, G3
3. Dual controller ( for later adding components)

Quick Reply: Questions about Gerbing Heated Gear