Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King- Girl's Bike??

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 06:19 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Originally Posted by Twinrider
Me either, it's nearly 800 lbs. Most women HD riders tend to favor Sportsters.
not actually. i remember reading a stat from hd that showed that the softail was the most popular model among women..... but can't remember where i saw that at.

Originally Posted by Plow64
The coworker is clueless. He probably rides a metric that looks like a Harley. Check out this poll of Bagger owners and you'll see the percentage of women who ride touring bikes is very small. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ographics.html

i wouldn't consider that poll to be an accurate reflection. i've seen lots of women on baggers, but not a lot on this site.

Last edited by skratch; 01-03-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:53 PM
KSGLIDEGUY
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have heard that about the Softail Deluxe but never about the Road King. But then again one of my good friends loves his Deluxe so what does that say about him? I don't think that guy has a clue!

Old 01-03-2010, 07:01 PM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's kind of funny. I guess if you had a burr under your saddle about the guy that said it, you might not.

I ride the Dyna I bought for my wife more than she does and I get that from my friends as I've been riding it in the city more than her due to her having some recent surgery that's kept her off it this last summer.

I'm a fairly big guy and after all, my friends are use to seeing me on the RG, I guess seeing me on the Dyna is like watching a bear F ing a Football. I get the "Hey...isn't that a girls bike??" I usually reply with "Yes it is.... and if you know what's good for you, you won't tell her I took it again without asking!"

Then again, if I run into a guy that's a dick, or generally being a jerk, and I find out he's on a Dyna, I'll ask him "What kind of ride he has?" The rebuttal I usually use is "Nice bike. I really like them. My wife has one just like it!"

I wouldn't put too much into it. I guess it's all in the delivery. Who and where it comes from. I take it as an inside joke from all HD riders no matter what family of scooter you ride.

If it comes from within "The Family"... It's a joke or a rib to me. If it comes from someone from the outside .... I'd have to look at it depending on the circumstances or the mood I'm in at the time.

Either way, I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Last edited by heywood727; 01-03-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

Girls bike? well I guess if a girl owns it then it "that" girls bike...course if she owned a Ultra, then that would that girls bike....

He's a turd.....anyone that would make a comment about " a girls bike" is missing something ( you know what)....

Ride on "Girl"... don't fret over asshats.....ride your big old Harley and smile away....

I hate people that bust on any one's bike, Harley, metric or Brit....knees in the breeze is all that matters.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

You guys have been telling Sportster riders that for years. What's the differance??
I do believe women ride anything with 2 wheels these days.
While I have to agree that that has been stated I never understood it. The Sporty is the hot rod of the Harley line...big motor, little weight = FAST...

If I were picking out a bike for a lady, the sporty would be last on the list...not because it's not a good bike, I think they are Great bikes, I like them....but for me, I would pick a softail...just because of the seat height, easy of handling, cool factor etc.....but her choice in the end...if she wanted a RK, UC, SG, RG etc....go for it.
Who am I to say what she can or will ride....same for us guys...who are we to say. If you can handle it...ride it til the wheels fall off....

Sportys are cool and should not have that label on them....shame on us for doing that.....

Old 01-03-2010, 07:20 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

I think I met that guy before, His name is Richard Cranium.

Enjoy your ride./

Old 01-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

What Whiskers said lol!

Old 01-03-2010, 07:23 PM
kevin6803
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default girls road king

As most posters have said, Road Kings are great. I agree. Some people don't. If you trade bikes every time you run across someone who doesn't like what you ride, you will be at the dealership every day.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Snowfly
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't get it. Why is everyone getting so defensive and saying he is an ***. The guy NEVER said the Road King was a GIRLS bike. He simply stated a lot of girls ride road kings. Don't read more into it than what was said.

Last edited by Snowfly; 01-03-2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-03-2010, 08:00 PM
malteseyo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start anything. And truly, maybe I just took it wrong, like he was putting down my bike as not being as good as his. I don't know. I believe my friend said he has an Ultra. And yes, I believe he said most women ride Road Kings. I don't think he said it was a girls bike. That was my statement in the subject line, not his. I'll have to ask for sure though. Sorry, after reading the replies and rethinking, I do believe I just took it wrong.

I did like the Richard Cranium remark though, I must remember that one! lol

Quick Reply: Road King- Girl's Bike??