Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Run on '10 FLHX--not bad for Stage 1, eh?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010 | 11:37 AM
KAH24DupontChevy
|
Cruiser
Default Dyno Run on '10 FLHX--not bad for Stage 1, eh?

Bumpus HD dyno tuned my '10 Street Glide with Stage 1 High Flow Air Filter, Rinehart True Duals, and Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner.

I will post a scan once I get my scanner up and running, but they gave me a laminated printout (kind of cool) which shows a flat torque curve from 2100rpm on and smooth rise in hp up to 5200rpms where it plateaus.

Max Power 79.32
Max Torque 93.30
62.94 degrees F
29.91 in-Hg
Humidity 10%
SAE 0.98

Here are a few more attached photos! It is cold out, but I'm riding--brrrrrrr. Heated gear is starting to sound like a good idea.

Regards,

Karl

Attached Thumbnails Dyno Run on '10 FLHX--not bad for Stage 1, eh?-flhxdelivery0102100001.jpg   Dyno Run on '10 FLHX--not bad for Stage 1, eh?-flhxdelivery0102100004.jpg   Dyno Run on '10 FLHX--not bad for Stage 1, eh?-flhxdelivery0102100005.jpg   Dyno Run on '10 FLHX--not bad for Stage 1, eh?-flhxdelivery0102100006.jpg   Dyno Run on '10 FLHX--not bad for Stage 1, eh?-flhxdelivery0102100008.jpg  

Old 01-03-2010 | 12:48 PM
mongomark
Road Master

Very similar to my run on my 07 SG not long after I bought it. I had SE A/C, SE Slip Ons, Power Commander 3 (and 100 octane fuel). My Air Fuel trace was about spot on with a tweaked canned map. I ran 83 hp and 96 lb ft of torque. It might have been a little lower on 91 fuel since the bike would ping just a touch on that fuel. I haven't had it dynoed since my other add ons. I'm waiting for my Power Commander V with autotune to come it. I've got the tune fairly close since the addition of the SE 204 cams which I think are amazing. I can roll down to 2k rpm in 6th gear and roll on the throttle and it accelerates cleanly. I did the cam change about 4 weeks ago at home. It took me about 7 hours. No real problems except my #27 torx bit broke and I messed up originally on the pushrod adjustment (when the dots on the cam gear are lined up, it's not TDC on the front cylinder) You have a very sweet looking ride. I know you'll enjoy it. I've got 33k miles on mine.

Old 01-03-2010 | 12:57 PM
KAH24DupontChevy
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mongomark
Very similar to my run on my 07 SG not long after I bought it. I had SE A/C, SE Slip Ons, Power Commander 3 (and 100 octane fuel). My Air Fuel trace was about spot on with a tweaked canned map. I ran 83 hp and 96 lb ft of torque. It might have been a little lower on 91 fuel since the bike would ping just a touch on that fuel. I haven't had it dynoed since my other add ons. I'm waiting for my Power Commander V with autotune to come it. I've got the tune fairly close since the addition of the SE 204 cams which I think are amazing. I can roll down to 2k rpm in 6th gear and roll on the throttle and it accelerates cleanly. I did the cam change about 4 weeks ago at home. It took me about 7 hours. No real problems except my #27 torx bit broke and I messed up originally on the pushrod adjustment (when the dots on the cam gear are lined up, it's not TDC on the front cylinder) You have a very sweet looking ride. I know you'll enjoy it. I've got 33k miles on mine.
Thanks,

I imagine the engine may "loosen" a bit, as the run was done with 22 miles on the clock. Eventually, I'll go with an SE cam--not sure which yet.

I bet the weather is a bit nicer in Sacramento than our cold (but sunny) here in Memphis.

Old 01-03-2010 | 01:02 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by mongomark
Am I understanding correctly that when you were stage 1 you dynoed at 83/96?

Old 01-03-2010 | 01:16 PM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior

I'm wondering if it was right to put bike on dyno with only 22 miles on it..I'm keeping mine stock (ex nightstik) for at least 5000 miles to let bike loosen up a bit before I take it in for upgrades and sert tuning.JMO

Old 01-03-2010 | 01:22 PM
vtxkc
Advanced

Originally Posted by flhxkiller
I'm wondering if it was right to put bike on dyno with only 22 miles on it..I'm keeping mine stock (ex nightstik) for at least 5000 miles to let bike loosen up a bit before I take it in for upgrades and sert tuning.JMO
Kinda makes you wonder about the break in doesn't it? I kinda agree but I will probably do the Stage 1 after the 1k mile service and also go to synthetic oil the same time. I want to see how it runs stock but I'm sure it's pretty doggy. Fuel Moto has a Stage 1 kit that claims 14 HP gain, that's pretty good for about a $700 add on.

Old 01-03-2010 | 01:25 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

That is a strange header pipe:

Old 01-03-2010 | 01:32 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

22 miles on the clock!!! Ouch! I'm thinking the tuner added some miles on the dyno (before) full throttle? I hope? My tuner put 100 tuning miles on mine last time he had it. (great tune!)

What did the "clock" say when you picked up the bike?

5000 miles is a little over kill flhxkiller. 1000 is darn safe and I've had them tuned with much less. But 22 ???? No way!

I still think the tuner took some steps to seat those rings before blasting the throt, if not,.... he don't give a f-k about hurting a bike (cuz he don't own it). Has to be more to this!

Old 01-03-2010 | 01:32 PM
KAH24DupontChevy
|
Cruiser

I once believed the adage about not dynoing a bike with 22 miles, until I had the opportunity to see brand new Harley engines run up to redline prior to delivery.

Lugging the motor, holding a constant speed, and not revving a bit seems to be the biggest problem I've seen with folks who own new Harleys.

I'm not concerned in the least bit, as this is my 5th Harley (4 softails prior). I had them all dynoed with Stage 1 and exhaust from new--2 were carb, 2 were EFI. No problems and no oil consumption throughout the time I've ever owned a Harley.

I will change the oil at 250 miles--an old habit. Synthetic at 500 miles for me.

Old 01-03-2010 | 01:43 PM
mongomark
Road Master

Yeah, equivilent of a stage one at the time. I was accused several times of it being run on a happy dyno. The guys at Sacramento HD were surprised as well. It ran well then and I was able to run with people that had more work done on their scoot which is why I felt the numbers were real. Top speed with 6 inch screen and lower wind deflectors was 115, 116 mph in 5th gear. Now, with the heavy breather a/c, rineharts and se 204 cams, I haven't been beyond 115, but damn, it gets there quick, far quicker than before. I'm not sayin I can run down a sport bike, but it does run real good and is a lot of fun. Gas mileage is crap but the last few tanks I've been pretty heavy on the throttle the whole time. With the PCV and Autotune, I can choose between a power fuel map and one better suited to economy at the flip of a switch. I'll post dyno results once I get it from UPS and get it installed.

Quick Reply: Dyno Run on '10 FLHX--not bad for Stage 1, eh?