Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Run on '10 FLHX--not bad for Stage 1, eh?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010 | 07:39 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

I agree with Bob....

In addition to the improvements in manufacturing processes, materials, and lubricants, the MoCo recommends excessive "break-in" periods more for the "rider" than the bike. In the large % of cases, people buying these bikes are not "bikers" or folks that have ridden all their life. Many are LEARNING to ride on their new Harley ~ because it COOL.

Keeping those folks conscious of speed and controlling them somewhat, "may" reduce the likelihood of disaster.

I've used the method referenced by HogDoc (which Darren is asking about) on my new bikes (new & builds) and builds for 10yrs w/o issue. The ASSumption is that you have at least a reasonably close MAP or carb setup to start.

Bob ~ glad to see ya over here! We can use experience here. MANY of us know, appreciate, and respect your knowledge and experience tuning.

ANY of you guys out there on the west coast, look him up for tunes at RC Cycles in Hayward, CA! I have referred several folks to him and have had nothing but excellent feedback. I know a couple have traveled 6 ~ 8 hours to get there and were 100% satisfied and very glad they did.

Karl ~ Congrats on the tune! I'm sure it makes for a great riding bike....

Remember... Shrub for $1

Old 01-10-2010 | 05:41 PM
KAH24DupontChevy
|
Cruiser
Default 24

Originally Posted by PhilM
I agree with Bob....

In addition to the improvements in manufacturing processes, materials, and lubricants, the MoCo recommends excessive "break-in" periods more for the "rider" than the bike. In the large % of cases, people buying these bikes are not "bikers" or folks that have ridden all their life. Many are LEARNING to ride on their new Harley ~ because it COOL.

Keeping those folks conscious of speed and controlling them somewhat, "may" reduce the likelihood of disaster.

I've used the method referenced by HogDoc (which Darren is asking about) on my new bikes (new & builds) and builds for 10yrs w/o issue. The ASSumption is that you have at least a reasonably close MAP or carb setup to start.

Bob ~ glad to see ya over here! We can use experience here. MANY of us know, appreciate, and respect your knowledge and experience tuning.

ANY of you guys out there on the west coast, look him up for tunes at RC Cycles in Hayward, CA! I have referred several folks to him and have had nothing but excellent feedback. I know a couple have traveled 6 ~ 8 hours to get there and were 100% satisfied and very glad they did.

Karl ~ Congrats on the tune! I'm sure it makes for a great riding bike....

Remember... Shrub for $1

PhilM,

Note that you list TX as residence. Living in Collierville TN, but home is Dallas and I travel home for both races at TMS. Planning to ride home for the spring race and will give you $1 if #18 beats #24 in 2010, make that $2 if he does better at TMS. A beer might be better!

Good to see a NASCAR fan on this site!

Regards,

Karl

Karl

Attached Thumbnails Dyno Run on '10 FLHX--not bad for Stage 1, eh?-04brickyard400winnerscircle.jpg  
Old 01-10-2010 | 06:05 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member

For the people who are very concerned about how to break in their bike, I wonder if they are that concerned about their new car when they get it? Or do they just drive the damn thing?

Old 01-10-2010 | 06:25 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by KAH24DupontChevy
PhilM,

Note that you list TX as residence. Living in Collierville TN, but home is Dallas and I travel home for both races at TMS. Planning to ride home for the spring race and will give you $1 if #18 beats #24 in 2010, make that $2 if he does better at TMS. A beer might be better!

Good to see a NASCAR fan on this site!

Regards,

Karl

Karl
Cool... Sounds like a deal!

I'm in the DFW area & have never missed a race @ TMS. Have to plan to see ya there!