Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Ultra Limited custom colors

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010 | 10:41 AM
Bushrider
|
Tourer
Default 2010 Ultra Limited custom colors

Does anyone know where I can get a real pic of the merlot sunglo/cherry sunglo color scheme on this bike (anyone know anyone who's bought one yet)?
The color examples on the Harley website aren't that accurate unless they are an acutal pic.
I asked my dealer if he had any but he said he didn't even know if he could get one. You see he knows I'm going to buy one and he has a flame blue pearl/vivid black one on the floor that he's trying to sell me. I really like it but I would also really like to see what this cusom color actually looks like first.
Thanks to everyone for all their good advice so far (overwhelmingly in favor).

Old 01-03-2010 | 10:50 AM
pnwlimited
Cruiser

You have to see one in person to appreciate the colors. The website and other publications I have seen DO NOT show the beauty of the two colors. If you can find one, get them to push it outside in the sunlight and watch those colors POP!

The following users liked this post:
Idahokid (12-18-2022)
Old 01-03-2010 | 10:55 AM
Mr E
Tourer

I have just purchased an Ultra with this paint scheme. Unfortunately I do not have a picture that does it justice yet. It is spectacular in the sun

Old 01-03-2010 | 10:56 AM
vzts4q
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bushrider
Does anyone know where I can get a real pic of the merlot sunglo/cherry sunglo color scheme on this bike (anyone know anyone who's bought one yet)?
The color examples on the Harley website aren't that accurate unless they are an acutal pic.
I asked my dealer if he had any but he said he didn't even know if he could get one. You see he knows I'm going to buy one and he has a flame blue pearl/vivid black one on the floor that he's trying to sell me. I really like it but I would also really like to see what this cusom color actually looks like first.
Thanks to everyone for all their good advice so far (overwhelmingly in favor).
They probably can not get a real picture. But even then pictures do not do the colors justice. I have a 2008 Ultra in Copperhead Pearl & Redhot and the online pictures were awful. Have you seen the color on another bike? Or seen the actual color chips out the the dealers book?

Old 01-03-2010 | 11:03 AM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"

At first glance you'll think this bike is Black and Red when you see it. The Sun changes all of that.

Old 01-03-2010 | 11:04 AM
Mr E
Tourer

here is a shot of it the night I picked it up.

Old 01-03-2010 | 11:17 AM
pnwlimited
Cruiser

Nice!!!! The limited has a different paint scheme and no protective bars at the bags. the tourpack is all Merlot except for an inch stripe on the bottom.

Old 01-03-2010 | 11:57 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

Pikes Peak HD had all three bikes lined up in a row:

Ultra Classic Merlot/Cherry
Ultra Classic Limited Merlot/Cherry
Ultra Classic Limited Flame Blue Pearl/Vivid Black

Here are some of what I liked about all of them:

The Merlot/Cherry is a beautiful color but you can't appreciate it unless its in the sun.

The tour pack on the UC-Limited is about 90% single tone (Merlot -little Cherry) while the TP on the UC has a greater mix of Merlot/Cherry (uhmmm...maybe 75% Merlot/25% Cherry)...here I thought the UC color scheme was better.

The UC has more Cherry on the tank than the UCL.
The UCL has more Cherry on the front fender than the UC.

Regarding the Flame Blue Pearl/Vivid Black - IMO the colors on this bike hold their own alongside the Merlot/Cherry bikes. While comparing the custom colored bikes my eyes were often drawn back to the Blue/Black bike - I guess I'd be very happy with this one too.

In my final assessment of both bikes, I thought that I liked the higher % mix of Merlot/Cherry on the Ultra better than on the Limited and as long as I could get one with ABS I would use the difference in cost between the two to pick up some V&H Monster Ovals and a couple racks (TP and fenders).

Long story -short...I think you need to find a dealer that has these bikes and take a long look at them (It took me three trips to decide which one I liked best...now I have to decide if I'm going to pull the trigger).

Good luck.

Old 01-03-2010 | 12:05 PM
KahunaJim
Tourer

Man must be nice to have the option to think about it....the LTD's sell as quick as they hit the floor here

Old 01-03-2010 | 12:12 PM
pnwlimited
Cruiser
Smile

Originally Posted by KahunaJim
Man must be nice to have the option to think about it....the LTD's sell as quick as they hit the floor here
That is why I ordered mine... it also keeps it off the show room floor where no ones butt sits on it but mine. The dealer is going to let us take pics from the time it is unloaded from the truck to the prep bay and then while it is on the dyno after the stage1 install, have to wait for it, but I am a bit **** that way.......

Quick Reply: 2010 Ultra Limited custom colors