Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Ultra Limited custom colors

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010 | 12:30 PM
hardwork2
Road Warrior

I don't know how to post pics on the new but if someone that knows how will give me there address I will send it to them and they can post.

Old 01-03-2010 | 05:48 PM
Bushrider
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by vzts4q
Have you seen the color on another bike? Or seen the actual color chips out the the dealers book?
I've checked with almost every dealer in BC and none have one on the floor.
Good idea about the chips.

Old 01-03-2010 | 05:53 PM
Bushrider
|
Tourer

[quote=Whiskers;6041570]
Regarding the Flame Blue Pearl/Vivid Black - IMO the colors on this bike hold their own alongside the Merlot/Cherry bikes. While comparing the custom colored bikes my eyes were often drawn back to the Blue/Black bike - I guess I'd be very happy with this one too.quote]

Thanks. I do like the Flame Blue/Black bike. I just wondered about the custom set. I didn't want to get my dealer to order one up and then find out it looked f***ing pinkish when it showed up!

Old 01-03-2010 | 05:59 PM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Community Team

The cherry red is bright red with lots of flake in it...the merlot is a very dark burgundy or black cherry depending on sun or shade & also has lots of flake!

Old 01-03-2010 | 06:05 PM
cornking
Tourer

local dealer has a cherry red/merlot UC in stock, not limited and when you look at an angle in the sunlight i thought you could pick up some green hues on the merlot color. especially on top of bag lids and if the sun hit the lowers just right. in my opinion this is a very cool color combo.

Old 01-03-2010 | 06:06 PM
Bushrider
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by pnwlimited
That is why I ordered mine... it also keeps it off the show room floor where no ones butt sits on it but mine. The dealer is going to let us take pics from the time it is unloaded from the truck to the prep bay and then while it is on the dyno after the stage1 install, have to wait for it, but I am a bit **** that way.......
Yeah, waiting definitely has its advantages sometimes. Can I ask what pipes you are putting on in stage1?

Old 01-03-2010 | 06:44 PM
pnwlimited
Cruiser

V&H Dresser duals and Chrome Monster Ovals with SE Air Cleaner

Old 01-03-2010 | 07:01 PM
Turnipseed
Advanced

I picked up my Ultra Classic in the Merlot Sunglo/Cherry Red Sunglo on Dec. 23. I first saw it on Dec. 22 and couldn't believe how beautiful it is. I spent all that night figuring out how I could afford to get it......I ended up trading in my 2005 GoldWing and have really enjoyed the bike so far. Just wish the weather was a little warmer so I could ride it more. Everone that has seen it is impressed with the colors. It does change as you walk around it and the way the sunlight hits it.

Old 01-03-2010 | 07:07 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

Turnipseed....

Ya' got a camera????

Old 01-03-2010 | 07:49 PM
crescentmotor
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Regarding the Flame Blue Pearl/Vivid Black - IMO the colors on this bike hold their own alongside the Merlot/Cherry bikes. While comparing the custom colored bikes my eyes were often drawn back to the Blue/Black bike
I had the dealer from which I purchased myh 2010 Limited take both the Blue Pearl/Vivid Black and a Merlot Sunglo/Cherry Red Sunglo outside on a sunny day. Although the Blue/Black looked very nice, there is much more metallic flake in the Merlot/Cherry and that put me over the top in deciding to purchase the Merlot/Cherry.

In the sun, the Merlot metal flake looks either yellow gold, orange, or green as you are walking around the bike. It is simply amazing how it changes colors. In the shade, the bike looks like a simple black/red paint scheme.

Today I tried to take some pictures but the camera will not do it justice. I have a pretty sophisticated camera and I tried with/without a circular polarizer and simply could not capture the paint accurately. The camera cannot "see" what the human eye does.

This is a case where one must see the color in person. In my opinion, it is unique. If I can ever capture a decent image, I'll post it.

Quick Reply: 2010 Ultra Limited custom colors