Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking out for Dangerous Cages

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Razerman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Angry Looking out for Dangerous Cages

In Montana, It's Subaru cars, they get along side to pass after tailgating you and cant seem to pass when they are along side , they force you to hit the brakes to avoid on coming traffic, and when they pass in the oncoming traffic and almost force you to kiss the ditch, because they wont get back in line. a Canadian I talked to in Glacier Park said Volvo was terrible and was the brand to look out for in BC.
Anyone else have a problem with certain type of cages in your areas?

R.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:13 PM
cmashark
Road Warrior

Received 209 Likes on 114 Posts

any car that is worth less than 10K or more than 60K....

Old 01-03-2010, 03:28 AM
hot95hog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any one with four wheels are a pain in my a&&

Old 01-03-2010, 03:30 AM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every goddam **** who insists on driving in the fast lane when not overtaking.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:39 AM
chowter
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Razerman
In Montana, It's Subaru cars, they get along side to pass after tailgating you and cant seem to pass when they are along side , they force you to hit the brakes to avoid on coming traffic, and when they pass in the oncoming traffic and almost force you to kiss the ditch, because they wont get back in line. a Canadian I talked to in Glacier Park said Volvo was terrible and was the brand to look out for in BC.

R.
If you live in North Dallas, you better stay away from SUV driving soccer moms on cell phones. I was hit by one who turned left into me in an intersection. As I was laying on the road with police telling me to wait for the ambulance before moving me (police cars around me and cones), another ran between the cones and almost ran over me!!! Very self-centered/absorbed bunch of bitches.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:21 AM
PadreL
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some wench in a Ford Expedition almost hit me when I still had my Vulcan 900. She was merging into the left lane from an on-ramp. Problem was, I was right there. And the kicker is, she was on her cell phone but looked right at me, and kept on coming over anyway!

Luckily I had installed a Stebel air horn to replace the wimpy OEM horn, and I laid on that horn. Scared the crap out of her. She almost dropped her phone as she did a little swerve to remain in her lane so I could pass.

On the other hand, I have experienced drivers who obviously go out of their way to give me extra space if they see I may be boxed in, or who flash their lights to alert me for some reason.

To the good drivers I say, "Thanks." To the clueless ones I say, "Please pay attention, be careful and don't kill any of my friends, my wife or me."

Old 01-03-2010, 07:42 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Razerman

R.
I'm sure every State has it's share of this Razerman. The cagers on cell phones are terrible here. one of the reason's I hit the back roads in the Mtn's. you still have to watch out for them, but not as bad as the airheads dodging in and out of traffic on interstates. Ride safe!

Old 01-03-2010, 08:05 AM
jcghound
Road Captain

Bad cagers dont seem to run in any particular flavor in my area.....Always seems to be more of them on the Interstates though.....

Old 01-03-2010, 08:07 AM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

It is amazing how many people text while driving down the road. They need to program phones to not work when you are moving, but that would be such an inconvenience to some.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:08 AM
KopperTop
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard, maybe 20 years ago, of a study that alleged that Volvo drivers were the worst (back then, every Volvo ad was about safety). The reasoning was that the drivers who had the worst skills or were scared to death to drive, would buy the safest cars. It may be a self fulfilling prophecy, but whenever I see a car stopped dead at the end of an on ramp (afraid to merge) or making a left turn with the right blinker on, it's bound to be a Volvo.

As far as real danger cars -- what out for any riced out imports. Black windows, coffee can exhaust that sounds like a leafblower. They slither across lanes without signals and sit fully reclined like they're in a dentist chair. Oh and soccer moms in SUVs, angry guys in minivans (jealous), and pickup trucks with loose gear in the bed. Hell, watch out for EVERYONE!

Last edited by KopperTop; 01-05-2010 at 06:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Looking out for Dangerous Cages