Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking out for Dangerous Cages

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by rstekeur
Sounds like it's time to sell your Harley and get a Subaru! lol
Nope, sorry Subaru, I won't own a Jap vehicle out of respect for my late father's service in WWII. I have three Harleys and they aren't for sale. Last year when all the clowns were in Sturgis eight of my old club bothers and I, rode to Glacier Park. A lot of bikes in Montana. I'll stand on my comment that there are a lot of Harley owners who are not very good riders. I usually see them around places and events where you might expect to see people "profiling" as we called it back in the day. I believe the new term is poser. Seems to me the real riders are out on the road seeing things, and not focusing on "being seen."

Old 01-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This isn't going to sound like the better Christian I am seriously trying to be lately, but 99% of these self-centered cager types wouldn't dare confront/tailgate/intimidate me/us outside of their vehicles.

I'm trying to put my furious days behind me, but today I wanted to pull this tailgating SOB out of his car when traffic slowed to a standstill and just beat the **** out of him.

Everybody's a tough guy these days when they are surrounded by 2,000 pounds of metal.

OK ... end of rant ... my blood pressure is rising again, and I know I'd win the battle but lose the war, but damn there are times it's so f---ing outrageous that I just want to unload.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:34 PM
ragingbull
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems like Beemers are the ones to look out for in Los Angeles...I just notice more often than not when someone is aggressively on your *** or who purposely tries to edge over when your white lining is either in BMW's or Mercedes. Mostly BMW's...

Old 01-08-2010, 08:03 AM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Northside
Nope, sorry Subaru, I won't own a Jap vehicle out of respect for my late father's service in WWII.
Subaru has probably one of the best auto manufacturing facilities in this country. 70% of the parts are either molded or stamped in the US then assembled here by US workers. Unfortunately the engine comes from Fuji in Japan but this plant in Indiana keeps many US auto workers employed.
Harley's are assembled here also but I think the percentage of foreign made parts is higher.