Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found a great application for the iphone

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010 | 08:23 AM
KopperTop
Road Captain

All last summer, I used instamapper for tracking my routes. Since I always ride solo and often through acres and acres of pine forests in the middle of nowhere, I never knew where I was going or went until I got home. I liked that I could leave a web page on my computer and go for a ride and people could track my progress or, god forbid, if anything happened, they'd know where I crashed.

I will have to try the GPS LTE program from MotionX. Their game software is phenomenally well designed.

I have to chuckle at all you paranoid types. I wish my life was SO interesting that I needed to hide it.

Old 01-03-2010 | 10:26 AM
bamarider
|
Tourer
Default motionx

Originally Posted by cmhfguy
And you live in Georgia??????? How cold is it down there?
We just got a blast of Artic Air from Canada. I wished you guys would keep that cold stuff up your way! Last night we had a wind chill of zero and during the day the temp is in the 20's but wind chill is still 10 or below. Not used to this stuff! Thanks for the information now I can't wait to try it out.

Old 01-03-2010 | 11:40 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

For those with Windows Mobile phones and built-in GPS hardware, try GPS Weather Radar. When launched, it will make a GPS fix on your location, then find the nearest city and post a weather-radar map. Has zoom and loop capability. Just what the doctor ordered for bike rides. I haven't used it enough to know if it requires 3G access or if the maps are in the program, but I suspect the former is the case. So far I've only used it where 3G was available.

You can also click anywhere on the map for a radar picture there or provide the location from the keyboard (city name or zip code).

Old 01-06-2010 | 08:27 PM
Danny D
Road Warrior

Obamarider,
I just installed GPS Traker and it found me right away. I'll leave the app open on my computer tomorrow and see if my wife can find out where I am.
Thanks,
Danny D