Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Review: J&M In-fairing CB Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper
Thanks
good news for me.....
Check Dawg's post above; you can probably work a deal with him for the passenger PTT/vol. switch, etc. that you aren't using for a passenger.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:27 PM
fedeferr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Job

Hey Carl, just want to let you know how great of a job you are doing for us all and how usefull it is.

I've just bought the JM CB, Mod 2003 DU, for my FLHX, unlike you, i'm actually transforming my SG in almost an UC...i know, i could have bought the UC to start with, but then where would have been all the fun to make it on my own?

Anyhow, this to say that i do have a tour pack, removable, and i already have the 2 HD antennas on it, none is actually connected, they are there just to look right.

When i bought the bike it had already an underfairing FM antenna and that's working fine for me, i barely listen to the radio anyhow, mostly IPOD, so...

I then have installed the tail/brake light kit on my tourpack, which is not as easy as it sounds, but anyway, it was looking odd with no antennas and worst with one only, so i got them both and installed them.

Now i got the JM CB and i thought i would have used the HD CB antenna to make it work.

I got all the parts today and the JM antena connector is way different than the HD CB antenna cable one, one is twice as wider than the other.

I've then looked for another solution, and i've seen the JM hidden CB antenna, loof for a review and found yours, which mad efeel really confortable.

I'm pretty sure i'll get it, and let you know how it wll work.

Thanks so much for now.

fedeferr

Old 09-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

fedeferr, give J&M a call and see if they have the adapters you need to use the HD antenna cable. I know they're available since my buddy needed to get them to use an SWR meter on the HD CB module and OEM CB cable.

Glad to help and just doing what many others do here and have done in the past.

Post some pics and "how to" on your J&M CB install; it's an excellent product and others would benefit from such a post.

Carl

Old 09-21-2010, 10:14 PM
fedeferr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J&m cb

thanks so much carl, i wasn't especting such a quick answer, i guess you are online as well just checking the HD world out.

I'll call J&M tomorrow, if they have the adapter i'd prefer, while it sounds like the "real" antenna will work better then the inner fairing one.

I'll defenetely follow up on it on the forum.

thanks again