Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what horn fits

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 03:31 AM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default what horn fits

Hi
Last year when I bought my 89 FLHTP from out of town I had a guy from that area do mechanical on the bike so I could drive the 500 miles to pick it up and ride it back, turns out the guy said it needed a horn for mechanical so I said do it, after riding for a bit at home the horn chrome cover vibrated off braeking the top tab support , so needless to say I went to my local shop and ordered another cover and turns out the stock cover doesn't fit on this horn. Now I need a new stock horn but not the cover . I see alot of nice horns on ebay and around but I hate to order one and find out it won't fit on my bike so question is will any horn cover or horn assembly fit on any bagger ? I have no harley dealer here only a local shop with a bunch of catalogs.

Last edited by RidemyEVO; 01-02-2010 at 03:34 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:07 AM
bldap
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently replaced the stock horn with the Stebel Nautilus air horn. Was looking for something louder which this particular horn is.

I separated the horn from the small compressor. The horn is installed under the stock cowbell, compressor is behind the left side panel, and the relay is under the seat.

There are plenty of DIY instructions on the forum.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:29 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts

I've been round this with my 1990 bike. Ours had a different style of horn originally, so the cowbell looks the same but had a different way of mounting the horn into it. The later chrome cover you now have takes a modern auto horn with a central mounting stud.

So you have options! I fitted an electric Stebel auto horn, which just fits inside the cowbell and I reckon any snail type will probably fit. Just call by a local auto parts store and they should be able to help. Alternatively you can squeeze in a Stebel air horn, but I have to admit I gave up trying that! If you want to know more, just search on Stebel, as there are several threads covering it.