Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best price on scissor lift to use on table lift

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 01:04 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,217 Likes on 1,837 Posts
Default best price on scissor lift to use on table lift

I'll be looking for a scissor lift once I get my table lift, nothing extravagant. THIS is about the best price I have found on one, free shipping. Anyone got anything better?

Old 01-02-2010, 01:15 AM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like the one I have.
Almost same price, mine was $99 bucks.
Have had no probs with mine.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:27 AM
nahanhoku
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try here. The price is a few dollars more, but I think if you compare the added components (4 position table adapter) and construction (larger welded base at center of jack). the few bucks may be worth it.

Check here for more technical info on this jack.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:35 AM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Scratch my previous post.
The one shown by "nahanhoku" is the one I have.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:09 AM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Black Jack from Greg Smith can be bought for $99. They advertise all the time in the trader magazines.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:11 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Dawg, I've had this one for over a year and it works great; rock solid, steady. Used it under my EG, and buddies' Ultras, Road Glides, etc.. on my buddy's HF lift and on the floor; even use it outside to wash the bike.

$59 from Complete Hydraulic:

http://www.completehydraulic.com/lif...cc-tcmlsj.html

Old 01-02-2010, 08:10 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Dawg, I've had this one for over a year and it works great; rock solid, steady. Used it under my EG, and buddies' Ultras, Road Glides, etc.. on my buddy's HF lift and on the floor; even use it outside to wash the bike.

$59 from Complete Hydraulic:

http://www.completehydraulic.com/lif...cc-tcmlsj.html
My choice too,as heavy as all the rest.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Dawg, the one from Complete Hydraulic has a much larger foot print than the others I looked at, albeit a year ago. It doesn't have the stability tabs that others have, but I haven't seen the need for them because of the length and width of the CH jack.

It's bigger foot print hasn't been a problem. My buddy used it when doing a 113" build on his EGC and more recently on a 120" build on a Fat Boy. I had my EG on it when I did my paint project earlier this year.

Frankly, the CH jack would be a good alternative to the Sears-type lifts; I know I use it instead of the Sears yellow lift--handier since it's easier to position under the bike, no handle, etc.

Several good alternatives out their; this one has worked well for me and my friends.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:40 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

I use a pair of scissor jacks for calculating suspension. I remove the wheels and calculate/measure the rest to get my ground clearance and sag #'s.

1. I went to U-Pick-It around the block (junk yard where you remove the parts). I got a pair of scissor jacks out of the trunks used on some cars for $5.00 each.
  2. I sheared a set of base plates & welded them on out of 3/16". They measured 8" wide and 20" long.
  3. I cut some light weight steel 3/16" broke (shaped) as a channel for the top rail(s) I had laying around and welded them on to the existing mount.
  4. I went to Home Depot and bought some vinyl kick molding used with vinyl tile for $0.32/foot than glued it on to the top rail(s) for protection against abrasion on the bottom of the frame.
  5. Are these jacks as good as the store bought ones shown? I think not.
  6. Do they work satisfactory for 3 years many days a week? Yes, so far so good.
  7. Total cost was a little under $11.00 for two of them. Maybe I will do a How-To on my DIY page when I get a chance.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:54 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribed

Quick Reply: best price on scissor lift to use on table lift