Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want to chrome the front end

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 04:54 PM
CommanderTC
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to chrome the front end

What will it take and approximately what will be the $$ for getting chrome forks?

In addition to that, I want to finish it out by getting a chrome front wheel, chrome rotors, and a smaller fender that hugs the tire and shows more of the wheel.

If I go for a larger diameter wheel will it affect the touring ride??

Also, if I go with just one rotor on front how much will that affect my front braking?

Old 01-01-2010, 05:05 PM
990rtracer
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 18 Posts

If you want to keep the stock wheel / tire size I think this Fat Boy fender that came with my Harley Radical paint set is something you might consider. Gotta have the chrome front end as well IMHO.

Attached Thumbnails I want to chrome the front end-img_3399.jpg  
Old 01-01-2010, 05:14 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Give me that one and buy a bike you like.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:23 PM
CommanderTC
Cruiser

Arrow I love it.....should have seen it when I first started. Completely different bike than the one I bought. Still a work in progress....

Old 01-01-2010, 05:56 PM
KingCripps
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I put the chrome front end kit on from Harley for RKC
Chrome Front End Kit 46335-08 449.95

I also put the lowering kit in because I plan on putting a 21" up front. I did most of the work myself, except for replacing the springs. That cost $150 at the dealership. (I get all my parts at 20% off because my dealer does not want me going to on-line purchases, at least that was what I told them I would do if they could not compete)

I would not go with a single rotor up front, being able to stop is important to me. Having dual rotors help with that.

Front wheels are going to run from $1000 and up depending on what you get. I had my dealer spec out Performance Machine wheels at $2200 for front and back (that was back in October). Then there is the replacement tires and labor to figure in.

If you have a million dollars, you can spend it.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:01 PM
CommanderTC
Cruiser

I don't have $1mil....but it seems I'm spending like I do

told my kids they better be glad I started this adventure after they were grown, 'cause they would have went without haha

Old 01-01-2010, 06:10 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

a lot will depend on WHO does the labor to take the lowers off.. If I were you - I would pull the lowers off - take them to the dealer - have them pull them apart and do the chrome - then YOU install them back on the bike.. IF not, the dealer will be happy to do all the labor $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 01-01-2010, 06:25 PM
CommanderTC
Cruiser

Harley - so I have the original forks chromed? Hell I was figuring on having to buy completely new front forks already chromed.

Also, I'm hooked up with the head Harley wrench for Austin PD. He does work on the side, nights and weekends. He changed out my handlebars and cables for me. Works on bikes like they're his own. Sweet.

Now that I mention it, I haven't consulted with him on this project.....just threw it out on this forum. Anyway, all input is appreciated!

Old 01-01-2010, 06:30 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,222 Likes on 1,839 Posts

Harley0711 was saying to buy the HD chrome forks and pull yours off yourself and bring the forks to HD and have them put the chrome ones together and you reinstall the chrome ones.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:36 PM
CommanderTC
Cruiser

Dawg....ahhh thanks. I'm halfway into a bottle of Crown (again).....Happy New Years (day)!!

Quick Reply: I want to chrome the front end