Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3/4 or full face,

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 07:41 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by hotrod351
theres many a time when i wish i had a full face helmet. really hurts when a bug hits me in the face. full face helmet doesnt go with my bike but if i had a dresser id wear one for sure.Attachment 86564
Its tempting to say a helmet goes with your head, which should go with you wherever you go! Put on it what suits you best, not your bike.

I rode for many years with open helmets and tried full-face when they first came out. They really were crap! But that was years ago and I have since become 'captain sensible', also full-face helmets are far superior to their early cousins. Flip-ups are just right! You could always have a custom paint job to match your bike....

Old 01-02-2010, 03:30 PM
PadreL
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like Shoei ff helmets. I ride with a TZR, it's probably the quietest helmet I've ever worn.

Ventilation is somewhat lacking, but nothing that really bothers me. I keep my hair very short and wear Headsweats or some type of bandana to keep the helmet fresher.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:34 PM
DamifIknow
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

3/4 helmet with a fullface shield.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:43 PM
RickDeVon
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nolan N-42 is all you need...........Love mine year round

Attached Thumbnails 3/4 or full face,-harley.jpg  
Old 01-02-2010, 07:18 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like the Fulmer 3/4 with flip up shield. Cost $89 a Very good helmet.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:18 PM
1stultra
Cruiser

We rode with Shoei 3/4 RJ Platnums until buying new full faces for our Montana trip this year. We got offered a great deal on a couple of new Bell Star helmets and wow; what a great helmet. It feels as light as, and is actually better in the wind than our 3/4's were. The only noise is from the vents, which work quite well. It quickly became my full time lid. You'd be wise to go around and try on as many helmets as you can find. It took a lot of helmets to find one that really felt good on my noggin. Good luck.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:44 PM
RoadHog659
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I've tried all four - half, 3/4, full and modular - on long trips. I'd have to say that the 3/4 helmet works best for me in good weather and the modular works best in cold/rainy weather. Half helmets are ok for solo rides, but I haven't found one that works well with helmet speakers. I almost always wear glasses or sunglasses when riding and the flip-up modular and 3/4 helmets work fine with them. My only complaint about my modular helmet is the wind noise. For some unexplained reason, the modular is noisier than all my other helmets; even noisier than no helmet. My intercom/stereo needs to be precisely adjusted when wearing full-face or modular helmets to be able to hear anything with any amount of clarity. Also, I don't know if it's just my imagination but I seem to have a better field of vision with the half and 3/4 helmets.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:44 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I usually wear a half helmet but I like my Scorpion full face when it is really cold.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:14 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife and I currently use 3/4 helmets, with my son using a full-face. I know that I too should use a FF, but like the feel of the 3/4 wearing my sunglasses. Having had FF helmets before, I’ve felt that I lost some peripheral vision and like the comfort of the 3/4.

I did post a thread the other day regarding anyone with information on the BLINK Bluetooth FF helmets, which I believe allows helmet-to-helmet communication with no cables. Not sure if you want that type of feature with your Road King; maybe someone here can offer some input on these helmets.

http://www.vcansports.com/index.html

Old 01-02-2010, 09:29 PM
HDRick
Road Warrior

FullFace Arai. Not cheap, but you only have one head. Does keep you warm in the winter and good ventilation in the summer.

Quick Reply: 3/4 or full face,