Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S/G seat options? Help! I am too damn short!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006 | 07:32 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Default RE: S/G seat options? Help! I am too damn short!

Buy a pair of Chippewa logger style boots for added height. Worked for me.

Old 07-18-2006 | 07:45 PM
Matt8643
Road Captain

Original: Denispetit
Matt8643, I can see how your solution was expensive. But if that's what makes you comfortable and safe, then it is a small price to pay! How much lower does the 440 Progress lower you? Which model mustang seat did you buy? Is it the one on your bike in the sig pic?
The progressives lowered the bike 1/2' in the rear and the front touring lowering kit from HD lowered the front 1'. The seat is the Mustang solo for the RK custom-it IS the one in my sig and gallery.

Original: Manowar
ya i was really bugging out a few days ago about the stability issues when stopping at lights and such with my wife on the bike, i said damm honey dont move around like that when we are coming top a stop she says i didnt even move or shift my weight, i was like man is this bike to big for me? i been on bikes my whole life and never had this problem before. is this the problem of stability issues the front fork lowering helped on? im imbarresed to even bring this up but compared to my softail this wobble feeling when stopping is bugging me out.
The front end on the SG and RK Customs are slightly higher in the front than rear-I believe this is why we get that slow speed instability. I used to get it real bad, but once the front was lowered and inch the wobble was completely gone and the bike would coast to a stop like a bicylce-no problem. When I then lowered the rear end another 1/2' with the 440's I was a little worried that the front end wobble would come back, but it did not. Bike is smooth as can be now.

Old 07-18-2006 | 08:36 PM
Kahuna
Road Master

Corbin Close Solo Seat works for me! I'm 5'8" with 30" inseam.

ORIGINAL: denispetit

Okay, I admit it. My inseam is short. Therefore, I am on the ***** of my feet at a stop light, and I am not comfortable. Seems like the stock seat forces your legs spread open, thus can't securely plant my foot down. [:@]

Does anyone else have this issue with S/G or R/K? What seats help? I have see the reach seat, but do not like the extra thick padding for the passenger area! How about the badlander or the ralley runner? How about corbin, or C&C seats? LePera?

Help![:@]

Old 07-18-2006 | 08:46 PM
MiniMe
Road Master

Well...............5"6, 5'7 you guys are all taller than me. I stand 5'3. I have been searching for a solution also. I have a badlander seat but this thing is so uncomfortable that I can't stand it. It did put my feet more on the ground. My wife also hated this seat. I put the stock back on. I don't think putting the progressive 440 on a SG will lower the rear anymore. I was going to lower the front end but I am afraid of handling issues after that is done. I did see a Corbin seat that might help but that thing is $450.00. So I'll be standing by to here from you all for a solution. I need a seat for 2 up riding. I did not like the Reach seat, toooo big looking, and the Sundowner did not bring to the ground anymore. I sat on a 06 RK the other day and that thing seems to be lower to the ground than mine, it might be the seat.

Old 07-18-2006 | 10:44 PM
Matt8643
Road Captain

Original : strtld
I don't think putting the progressive 440 on a SG will lower the rear anymore.
It WILL lower it more by about 1/2". I know because I did it myself. We have the same stock suspension in the rear.

Old 07-18-2006 | 10:55 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

I'm 5'9" but have a 30" inseam. When I don't wear boots I find sometimes on uneven roads that I can't flat-foot it at stops. I would like to find something a little more narrow, but still retain the seating position. If I move closer I will suffer the same thing I had with my Road King Custom. Bad hip cramping. I got that after putting on a Lepera Daytona 2up. I find myself sitting just a little back on the passenger part of my Street Glide seat now and I have no problems with the cramping.

Anyone know of a more narrow Stret Glide seat that sits the same as stock or maybe back an inch?? I was thinking maybe a Mustang Daytripper. Anyone try that one yet??

Old 07-19-2006 | 12:13 AM
bkglide
Novice

I just bought a LePera Sorrento for my SG. Will position you lower..... and more narrow. It's 14" at widest point vs. 15" on stock seat.... and about 10.5" wide towards the front of seat vs. 13" on the stock seat. Should help you get feet on the ground. Good looking seat.... lower profile and pretty wide passenger area at 12.75" which is wider than Sundowner/Mustang sport touring models. Time will tell re: comfort as need to break in. The seat came highly recommended from someone who does multi-day two-up riding.
Good Luck with what I found to be a tough decision. I was trying to balance form and function. I like the lines on the LePera vs. Sundowner/Mustang..... but they get good reviews for comfort. Vinyl set me back about $440.

Old 07-19-2006 | 06:01 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Monstermile

I'm 5'9" but have a 30" inseam. When I don't wear boots I find sometimes on uneven roads that I can't flat-foot it at stops. I would like to find something a little more narrow, but still retain the seating position. If I move closer I will suffer the same thing I had with my Road King Custom. Bad hip cramping. I got that after putting on a Lepera Daytona 2up. I find myself sitting just a little back on the passenger part of my Street Glide seat now and I have no problems with the cramping.

Anyone know of a more narrow Stret Glide seat that sits the same as stock or maybe back an inch?? I was thinking maybe a Mustang Daytripper. Anyone try that one yet??
See my posts #'s 6 and 9 above.

Primo