Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accessory / Auxillary switch 09 RKC

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009 | 11:52 PM
Terrific Pacific
|
Tourer
Exclamation Accessory / Auxillary switch 09 RKC

The left switch, a sI understand it is available for accessory use....my question: Is it "hot"? It has a wire running to it...is that wire hot.
I have my battery disconnected right now while I am working on the bike and don't think it is safe right now to hook it back up to test it.
Just want to know if I hook something up to it...will it work or what?
Thanks.

Old 01-01-2010 | 02:11 AM
D2R
Banned

Originally Posted by Terrific Pacific
The left switch, a sI understand it is available for accessory use....my question: Is it "hot"? It has a wire running to it...is that wire hot.
I have my battery disconnected right now while I am working on the bike and don't think it is safe right now to hook it back up to test it.
Just want to know if I hook something up to it...will it work or what?
Thanks.
That sw turns on an open Deutch connector under your seat,it's laying in front of your battery probably tucked down below the top.I'ts 15 amps.You'll need the connector,I bought the power point pigtail and used the connector and ran power up to my fairing with it.Some guys run the wires under their tank,I made a wiring harness off of that plug along with a 10 ga. wire for my amp(off the battery post) ran it vinyl wire loom, ran it down the frame followed the clutch cable up into the fairing.Don't even know it's there.That plug under the seat will be hot with your sw. closed and your ign. on.You just have to plug into it and run your circuit where you want it.

Last edited by D2R; 01-01-2010 at 02:26 AM.
Old 01-01-2010 | 06:00 AM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior

If your going to the front of the bike, you could just split the head light housing and pull power dirrectly from the switch. The power side of the switch if you want ignition hot or the switched if you want on/off.

Old 01-01-2010 | 11:12 AM
Terrific Pacific
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Texas Rapier
If your going to the front of the bike, you could just split the head light housing and pull power dirrectly from the switch. The power side of the switch if you want ignition hot or the switched if you want on/off.
This may be what I am looking for...so the wire going to the switch is already hot right?
I would like to replace the acc/aux switch to a three way switch...so just need hot lead. So, it is hot now?
Thanks man.

Old 02-12-2010 | 10:20 AM
loseranacummins
Cruiser

Ever get this figured out?

I'm workin on making my cigarette lighter (under the ride side cover) 'switchable' using the left aux switch on my 08 RKC. I was gonna run a wire up to the switch and back but now I wanna find the "battery" end of the switch, as it already comes down into the harness/battery somewhere...just can't find the 'end'.

Any pointers as to where to tap in to or find the end plug of the left side aux switch??

(I searched on here to find no more specifics than "in front of the battery" and the service manual doesn't explain it in dumbed down English) thanks guys!!