Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Who's financing their bike, who owns their bike outright?
I am making payments on my bike
32.10%
I have paid my bike off and own it outright
55.61%
I have multiple bikes, some paid for, some making payments on
12.29%
Voters: 651. You may not vote on this poll

Own your bike outright or making payments?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 08:30 AM
Barrenmug
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of these replies make it seem like a bad thing to finance a bike. I would bet that at least 95% of all new bikes sold are financed. Car isn't a toy but the bike is? I drive the bike more than the car. Don't finance a home for 250k when a 20k single wide would suffice.(remember non necessity is a toy right?) I feel so worthless after this thread.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:36 AM
myred55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Toy? This is my sole source of transportation to work and back.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:42 AM
cmtbasser
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paid

I go with the no loan or very short loan mentality. I hate payments and I hate intrest. Having said that I have owed plenty in my life and like the most of america owe plenty now but luckily no CC's right now and very little unsecured dept. This is why I dont have a new SG every few years, depreciation on new anything is awful. I hate paying it so I try to find bargains that some one else has paid the depreciation.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:44 AM
cmtbasser
Tourer
Default hah!

Originally Posted by Barrenmug
Some of these replies make it seem like a bad thing to finance a bike. I would bet that at least 95% of all new bikes sold are financed. Car isn't a toy but the bike is? I drive the bike more than the car. Don't finance a home for 250k when a 20k single wide would suffice.(remember non necessity is a toy right?) I feel so worthless after this thread.
C'mon you're worth something!

BTW I agree with you good post. I dont judge anyone on what they owe, I could care less how people get what they have whatever makes em happy.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:49 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Barrenmug
The poll is designed to determine the percentage of bikes currently being financed vs the percentage of bikes that are owned outright. While I'd love to be in a position to throw down $25K in cash (or cashiers check) for a new Hog, I'd rather finance a portion of it and put down a sizeable down payment in order to have it paid off in about 18-24 months. Just my personal preference. No intent to knock anyone's chosen manner of financing.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:51 AM
Skip
Road Captain

Agree, best to pay cash.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:52 AM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Have three bikes, all paid cash for. Saved my bucks.

I like the "act your wage", going to have to remember that one!

Old 12-31-2009, 08:53 AM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I paid cash for my Harley. Paid cash for my home too. I don't pay interest unless it's a business loan to buy more oil and gas properties.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:56 AM
07JakeelwoodHD
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My 02 I paid cash for kept bike 5 years
07 Put half down paid off the rest at 5% double payments when I felt like it
09 Put half down at 3.99 got deal through my credit Union Funny I paid less for 09 than the 07..

Old 12-31-2009, 08:57 AM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I have own many bikes over the years and always paid cash. This time I was a little short on the Ultra so rather than wait, I took a 2 year loan. There is nothing wrong with that however, I didn't like writing another check every month so when I had it, I paid it off in 11 months...... Feels, Now the wife's 1200 was cash. These days I have been paying cash (debit card) for every thing. Proud to say Christmas is over and I have NO gift bills. I really think this country would be better off if people stopped living on credit and start living within there means, but than again that just my 2 cents.

Be Safe and Happy New Years

Quick Reply: Own your bike outright or making payments?