Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Who's financing their bike, who owns their bike outright?
I am making payments on my bike
32.10%
I have paid my bike off and own it outright
55.61%
I have multiple bikes, some paid for, some making payments on
12.29%
Voters: 651. You may not vote on this poll

Own your bike outright or making payments?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 12:57 AM
laytonj1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boltsfaninmo
Smart money is to finance. Why would I take $25k out of my investments that are earning 4x's the interest I pay on the Harley note? Much better off leaving that cash invested and finance. My interest rate on the bike note is 3.25% My investments are making 4 x's that. I much prefer to earn interest on my cash than invest in a depreciating asset.
Sure would like to know what investment you have that pays 13% interest.

Jim

Old 01-01-2010, 01:04 AM
06roadglide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own all my vehicles. I financed my 06 Road glide then paid it off in 28 payments. Paid cash for my 96 monte carlo, paid cash for my 04 F250. I'm FAR from being wealthy, I just hate making payments.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:08 AM
Malibyte
Tourer

I don't buy new bikes. New Harleys are too damned expensive. Bought my WG with 2000+ miles on it for a little more than half of what a "new" one would have cost. Cash, of course. I hate vehicle loans, too. ;-)

Old 01-01-2010, 03:14 AM
EvolHD
Intermediate
Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts

Feels better if you pay up front. Four HD's no payments.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:52 AM
UH60Hwkdrvr
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts

Paid cash!!!!

m.a.c.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:58 AM
cruzinthecoast
Tourer

Cash money up front

Old 01-01-2010, 06:09 AM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

This thread is BS. Should have been put in the general chat area ... who gives a flying crap what the rubs can do around here

Old 01-01-2010, 06:38 AM
Moog Player
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who's a rub? I'm a blue collar guy. I just have my priorities. I work an hourly wage doing inspections and repair of life safety systems. I have no desire to keep up with the Jones's. I also have no desire to get caught in the economic trouble so many seem to be in during this economic downturn. (I have too many friends who got over extended and then the economy tanked and they were screwed.)
I have a nice small house with a nice large shop. A well maintained 20 year old truck and 14 year old Ultra Classic. (my dirtbike is relatively new) There is a nice freedom in knowing that if your job ended today, you didn't owe a lot of money to people for 'things' you can't eat. I detect some jealousy in your post, CSMHOG! That can be a good thing. It might motivate you to work for a debt free lifestyle. (or not.)

It's a new day, a new year and a new decade. I'm going for a ride!

Old 01-01-2010, 06:47 AM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Moog Player
Who's a rub? I'm a blue collar guy. I just have my priorities. I work an hourly wage doing inspections and repair of life safety systems. I have no desire to keep up with the Jones's. I also have no desire to get caught in the economic trouble so many seem to be in during this economic downturn. (I have too many friends who got over extended and then the economy tanked and they were screwed.)
I have a nice small house with a nice large shop. A well maintained 20 year old truck and 14 year old Ultra Classic. (my dirtbike is relatively new) There is a nice freedom in knowing that if your job ended today, you didn't owe a lot of money to people for 'things' you can't eat. I detect some jealousy in your post, CSMHOG! That can be a good thing. It might motivate you to work for a debt free lifestyle. (or not.)

It's a new day, a new year and a new decade. I'm going for a ride!
No offense intended, if the shoe fits, wear it. It was just my .02 cents. I think it's great when people can remain debt free ... this isn't the place to discuss our finances.

Old 01-01-2010, 07:22 AM
monkish
Road Master

Pulled remark as after several days of consideration I decided that I was not a financial advisor and that it really doesn't make a crap one way or the other.

Although I do hope everyone survives these tough times.

Last edited by monkish; 01-05-2010 at 08:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Own your bike outright or making payments?