Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Communications

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 03:55 PM
sonic_cruzer
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Autocom ProAvi which lets me communicate with my passenger, listen to IPod or ?(currently have the output of the HK switchable between the speakers in the fairing or input to the Autocom and Sat. radio in the Aux port of the HK), talk on my cell phone and have bike to bike communication via either HAM, CB or GMRS. I don't care about hearing my GPS but probably can do that too. It's a little spendy but the quality is supurb.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by big sarge
Hey ohiobellboy, did you find anything out? I have an 06 ultraglide and an iphone too. I would also like to use the onboard communications and interface my iphone into the bikes intercom system. Thanks for any tips. I just bought my first harley finally last year and this is my first post.
sorry I missed this post Sarge. I havn't made any decisions yet as I'm still waiting on responses. I do like the sounds of the post from ICM about the phone integration though.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by iMC Motorcom
Here is a post from a thread we just put up...

We have had a lot of calls from guys getting ready for Daytona Bike Week wondering about our iMC Motorcom hs-h40 (helmetless or half helmet) and hs-h30 (3/4 or full face) headsets and we've been giving them a pretty loose return policy so we'd like to extend that everybody on HD Forums. Buy a headset from here http://www.imcmoto.com/products/harley-headsets.html and if you aren't happy you have 30 days to send it back for a full refund less s&h.

These headset are plug and play for the Harley Davidson Ultra Classic '98 and up. And no, it's not a coincidence that they look exactly the same as Harley's new boom audio headset, the parts are swappable.

Put "hdforums" minus the quotes in the coupon code box and save $10. If you are more comfortable ordering by phone or have questions regarding any of our motorcycle communication equipment, feel free to call (800)560-0613. For those that like to order online: http://www.imcmoto.com/products/harley-headsets.html

I know this quote is a month old but I have a question. I want to order 2 of these and actually got as far as the shopping cart before I realized it only gave the discount on 1 headset. Is the discount for the first one only or can you get it for two headsets?

Old 04-17-2010, 02:07 PM
ANIMAL03
Grand HDF Member
Received 757 Likes on 479 Posts

vemar blue tooth nano helmets. love them.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ANIMAL03
vemar blue tooth nano helmets. love them.
Do they integrate with the CB?

Old 04-17-2010, 02:19 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sonic_cruzer
I have a Autocom ProAvi which lets me communicate with my passenger, listen to IPod or ?(currently have the output of the HK switchable between the speakers in the fairing or input to the Autocom and Sat. radio in the Aux port of the HK), talk on my cell phone and have bike to bike communication via either HAM, CB or GMRS. I don't care about hearing my GPS but probably can do that too. It's a little spendy but the quality is supurb.
I have an Autocom Active Plus. I've been an Autocom user since 1997! Love their products. Too bad they are having trouble. I believe Starcomm has now bought them out. I hope they will continue to provide support to the line.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior

I called IMC and talked to Spencer. I ordered two of the half helmet sets today. They were just out of stock on them and expect more next week. I'll post some reviews once I used them for a bit.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:08 PM
sh57
Elite HDF Member

I have been using the Chatterbox system for about 2 years. Low wind noise, fast hookup, bluetooth compatable, batteries last about 8 hours on a charge, no problems.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:15 PM
QQVEPY
Intermediate

I use the stock system and the CB for bike to bike. I got the Zumo GPS and it connects the cell phone via bluetooth. The set up works fine. We have full face helmets so we don't have any problems with the Vox nor do we get extra noise when we talk.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:44 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddha64
I wasn't happy with the Scala Q2's though a lot of folks are. To me they just seemed to take to long to connect to the second headset. I would go to warn the wife of something ahead and by the time they connected it was past. I went to the Audiocom wired unit much, much happier. This is on a Road King as well. Intercom, links to the GPS for phone, and has an input for music which also gets directions from the GPS. The time or two I've actually used this function it worked great.

George.
I just leave my Q2 on full time, using the button on the unit,

Battery last for a full 12 hours even at that setting!

Quick Reply: Communications