Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Communications

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 02:36 PM
mrbadlands
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are wanting to communicate with your passenger, Scala make another version of the headset. It is cheaper than the Q2 Multiset. It is called the Scala Rider Teamset. It is designed for 2 Up rider to passenger communication. It comes with everything for both rider and passenger, just add your MP3 Player. All the specs is listed in my add in the gear for sale forum if you want to see what it offers.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gear-...ew-in-box.html

Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Mrbadlands

Old 01-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ohiobellboy
LOL,,and here I am searching the boards so we can find an intercom system for our Ultra. We plan on touring with her Aunt and Uncle and would like to be able to do the bike to bike communication.
Scala will do your intercom wireless, & Scala Q2 will do both intercom & bike to bike.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I should have added that we have the half helmets. Don't really want to go to a 3/4 just for the headsets. Stopped by the HD shop today and was pointed towards the appropriate set at $120 each. HD part # 76572-09. This I'm told is a plug and play set for the Ultra.

As far as the mp3 player, I can plug my iPhone into the CD input and use that for an MP3. I wonder if there's an interface that will tie my phone into the intercom system to us the intercom for my phone...better get back to searching.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:18 PM
NCTim
Advanced

Santa brought us a Scala Q2 Multiset for Christmas. We plan to use them for bike-to-bike mostly, but we'll have them for 2-up riding as well. We've only taken one quick ride (very short because it was cold) and they seemed to work well.

I put mine on my half helmet with no issue (other than I now have a half helmet with a microphone sticking out). They don't have invisible microphones yet. Wife has hers on a 3/4 helmet.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior

OK, I'm checking out the Scala now.

Last edited by Ohiobellboy; 01-09-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:09 PM
bruce sg08
Road Captain

check out www.collettcommunicators.com all self contained been using them a few years and works nice.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Roadie09
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ohiobellboy
I should have added that we have the half helmets. Don't really want to go to a 3/4 just for the headsets. Stopped by the HD shop today and was pointed towards the appropriate set at $120 each. HD part # 76572-09. This I'm told is a plug and play set for the Ultra.

As far as the mp3 player, I can plug my iPhone into the CD input and use that for an MP3. I wonder if there's an interface that will tie my phone into the intercom system to us the intercom for my phone...better get back to searching.
Have you looked at getting an Iphone? That would take care of the phone an MP3 player in one device.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:19 PM
mrbadlands
Cruiser

The Scala Rider Teamset with will talk to the other scala headsets including the Scala Rider Q2. I believe all the Scala systems come with the proper mounts to mount on a 1/2, 3/4, or Full/modular helmet, At least the Scala Rider Teamset and Q2 does.

Mrbadlands

Old 01-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cyclonecutting
Have you looked at getting an Iphone? That would take care of the phone an MP3 player in one device.
Gotta chuckle.....I work for ATT and have had one for a while now.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Buddha64
Tourer

I wasn't happy with the Scala Q2's though a lot of folks are. To me they just seemed to take to long to connect to the second headset. I would go to warn the wife of something ahead and by the time they connected it was past. I went to the Audiocom wired unit much, much happier. This is on a Road King as well. Intercom, links to the GPS for phone, and has an input for music which also gets directions from the GPS. The time or two I've actually used this function it worked great.

George.

Quick Reply: Communications