Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just dropped 7K

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 03:24 AM
big kid
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats and good luck!

My wife lets me buy anything, she just told me earlier tonight that she will buy me a street glide.

Happy Wife = Happy Life!

Old 12-31-2009, 06:15 AM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by davessworks
Well now you've posted pics I think we can all safely say you're made for each other

lol, That is funny. Its the truth though

Old 12-31-2009, 06:15 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Seriously, Congrats to another sucker in every category you can think of !. Impressing her with $7K ring...IJMHO, Nuh-Nah.

I'd spend $7K on road trips with my lady on our Harleys and have grand memories together. That's just me.

My lady had brought up discussion on Marriage a few years ago. Told her that I'm only committed to you by heart and cherishing/loving you every moment we're together, but the word "marriage" isn't in my dictionary...It's your decision whether to take it or leave it as the door's right there.

Her comment was...O'Yeah, I ain't going anywhere and am going to stick with your non-sense ****, Honey with devilish expression/grin on her face. We've been happy ever since.

Wishing you the best,

Thorey

Old 12-31-2009, 07:43 AM
bldap
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lass7711
Congratulations! Before you both say "I Do", you and the love of your life need to hang wall paper together every evening for 3 weeks. If you survive this, your marriage is sure to last!
Good one...actually this happened to me. Wife and I were married for maybe a year and decided we were going to paper our bathroom which had vaulted ceilings. I think I was on the ladder trying to hang the first piece for over half an hour. Well after half hour of cursing, yelling, and throwing stuff I walked out. When I returned from a couple hour ride my wife, with some help from my dad, had over half the bathroom done! Wife told me to relax that everything was under control. That was 24 years ago this coming monday. Needless to say she does the papering when needed.

Guess that's one of the keys to a successful marriage...understanding that you both bring strengths and weaknesses to the union. Rely on and support one another and realize that together you will be more apt to get through tough times rather than trying to get through it alone.

Best wishes.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:45 AM
tvan1988
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, best of luck. I can vouch for the 5,10,15 etc. upgrades. I was poor 21 years ago when me and the wife got married (25 bucks for the first ring). Upgraded at the 15th anniversary (3,500) and am shopping for her 20th (was in Iraq for our 20th) and looking to spend around 8G. Anyway, I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. After 21 years of marriage and me being in the Army (many deployments and time spent away from home) she has always supported me and my hobbies/bad habits. 3 kids and 3 grandkids later, it's been a great run. Just remember, there will be good and bad times.
Good luck and congrats again.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:49 AM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BadPiggy
My deepest condolences.

Exactly

Old 12-31-2009, 12:11 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by brihvac
I know things will change, but I do not see them changing much from how they are now.
I've heard that wedding cake is the 'great equalizer'....J/K...these are always fun threads to tease guys about.