Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-Bags Tour Pak Bra

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 01:58 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TheShrink
I didn't want the rack on my tour pak so I installed a MCHITCH and made a rack out of aluminum and powder coated it black. The hitch is invisible when the rack is not in it. It also keep the extra weight down low.

Right, that makes for a much cleaner look.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:35 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My receiver is a MCHITCH, pretty much invisible when nothing is in it.

Dawg - I know you like looking at my rack, but I ain't sending you no flowers cause my wife would cut my fringe off. HAHAHA!

Last edited by TheShrink; 12-30-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:20 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,850 Posts

On a serious note shrink, what is the most amount of weight you have put on that rack without affecting handling? Have you had the saddle bags and tour pak loaded and the rack loaded at the same time? Just curious...my wife's **** never fits on the bike.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:31 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior

I put the MCHITCH on at the begining of this year but I didn't get around to making the rack until the end of the year. I have only carried my cooler loaded with drinks, lunch and ice. I haven't weighed the cooler but it feels pretty heavy when loaded. When (if) the weather breaks in the spring, I will load the machine down real good and weigh everything and see what happens. I do carry a fair amount of "stuff" on a regular basis though. I always have my helmet & big leather in my tour pak, chaps & rain gear in saddle bags and tools on the other side.

Just for the record, my load doesn't block my rear lights, but if it did, it wouldn't matter because I have the Ride Time Technology L.E.D.'s in the tour pak that are wired for run, turn & brake.

This year, I will make a pole holder that will slide into the receiver. That will allow me to fly a full size flag when in parades. Did I mention that my rack is aluminum and weighs less than 3 lbs.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:59 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,850 Posts

That would be a good rack to carry an overnight bag (kinda like the Dekker supreme) on the back. When we go on trips we are loaded down and the only thing that bothers me is the bag that we have to put on top of the tour pak rack. Doesn't scrape pulling into gas stations or anything does it?

Old 12-30-2009, 06:19 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior

Dawg, it doesn't scrape on anything. I even spaced it up a bit so the pipes wouldn't blow on my cooler, they blow underneath.

Here's 2 pics before powdercoating.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:03 PM
jimsreddyna
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I am liking the hitch rack idea more and more. My dealer is strict on the "trailering voids your warrenty but I supposed that you could take it off before you take the bike in for service. The only problem then would be if you broke down on the road and had to deal with a dealer while it was on. You could always argue that you were not pulling a trailer.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:14 PM
shredsurf
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The leather bra was just a temporary set-up til I got the luggage rack. Always wanted the rack.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:07 PM
twodollarbill
Road Warrior

First off....the guys I know that run bras on fairings, saddlebag & tour pak lids, they all ended up with scratchs under them.
I don't know if they left them on too long between cleanings or what....I just don't trust them.
I pull a trailer, that rack would be GREAT for the times when a trailer whould be too much and I need alittle more capacity.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:15 AM
shredsurf
Road Master

Originally Posted by twodollarbill
First off....the guys I know that run bras on fairings, saddlebag & tour pak lids, they all ended up with scratchs under them.
I don't know if they left them on too long between cleanings or what....I just don't trust them.
That was my fear...scratching the TP lid.
I rode a total of about 700 miles with it on, probably 500 with the TP bra and luggage on with no scratches.

Quick Reply: T-Bags Tour Pak Bra