Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Info from Road Glide owners on Wild 1 W0515 bars

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 12:16 AM
North Star
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Info from Road Glide owners on Wild 1 W0515 bars

the 10" mini apes....I'm working on my wish list for the 2009 RG I plan on buying in the next 2 months, and have been researching bars...I did a search, and found that many like this bar.

Just wanted to know if these bars make it more difficult to push around the bike in quick side-to-side steering moves, as compared to stock, since they don't look quite as flat as the stock bars- I don't want to make the bike handle any worse, or in other words, more awkward to handle and steer.

I do like the looks of the positioning of these bars- they seem to sit about where the Heritage bars do, which also seem to be real popular. I like these better than the Heritage bars though, since they are thicker, can be internally wired, and probably have better chrome.

I think another advantage to apes or mini-apes is that it makes the big *** fairing look smaller- definitely a plus to me.

Here's a link to a cool virtual view from the Wild 1 website of the W0515 compared to stock-

http://www.wild1inc.com/virtual_demo8.html

Thanks in advance!!

Old 12-30-2009, 12:19 AM
North Star
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh also, are the stock wires long enough for these to be internally wired?

Old 12-30-2009, 04:14 AM
mslater741
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont have to change cables or wires, bike is easier to control

Old 12-30-2009, 08:35 AM
ncbeast
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by North Star
the 10" mini apes....I'm working on my wish list for the 2009 RG I plan on buying in the next 2 months, and have been researching bars...I did a search, and found that many like this bar.

Just wanted to know if these bars make it more difficult to push around the bike in quick side-to-side steering moves, as compared to stock, since they don't look quite as flat as the stock bars- I don't want to make the bike handle any worse, or in other words, more awkward to handle and steer.

I do like the looks of the positioning of these bars- they seem to sit about where the Heritage bars do, which also seem to be real popular. I like these better than the Heritage bars though, since they are thicker, can be internally wired, and probably have better chrome.

I think another advantage to apes or mini-apes is that it makes the big *** fairing look smaller- definitely a plus to me.

Here's a link to a cool virtual view from the Wild 1 website of the W0515 compared to stock-

http://www.wild1inc.com/virtual_demo8.html

Thanks in advance!!
I am looking at these as well along with the Sweepers +2. I have never seen this virtual comparrison before. If you just watch the grip when it changes back and forth it seems to only go back (pullback) and not really up very much? I thought they would be higher compaired to stock by 2" or 3" but this does not show that? I would really like to go up at least 2" and back maybe 1" without changing the cables and wires.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:39 PM
DougM
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know you're asking about the 515's. I looked at those too. I ended up with the 518's and really like them! Very comfortable and easier to maneuver the bike while riding. It's hard to explain but it feels like you're "going with the flow" while riding and not fighting the bike. I also put polyurethane bushings on during the install so I'm sure that helped too.

More info on my install here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...oad-glide.html