Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intercom adaptor to listen to your radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 12:29 PM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

What about using this the other way around. I ride my Buell with the helmet from my Ultra that has the com set up in it. I assume it wouldn't be too big and bulky to stay put with an Ipod run into it and then into the helmet plug?

Old 12-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Watchfuliz
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by frontiercat
What about using this the other way around. I ride my Buell with the helmet from my Ultra that has the com set up in it. I assume it wouldn't be too big and bulky to stay put with an Ipod run into it and then into the helmet plug?

Can't do it with my plug adapters, they only have a male din plug to plug into the bike, no female din plug for the headset to plug into.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:08 AM
Trek
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Watchfuliz
I have two of the ones from ebay that I no longer use. They are about 1" square with the 7 pin din plug on one end and two 1/8 mini plugs on the other for mic and headset. I paid $25.00 a piece for them and only used them a few times. If you are interested in them I will sell them to you for $45.00 for the pair and I will cover the shipping.
If I may, what are you using now instead of these? I wanted to find something that would allow me to continue using the Harley headset, but I am wanting to add earphones that will cut some of the wind noise out so I can hear the books on tape we listen to while riding, better. And then unplug them when I don't need to use the earphones.

Thanks,

Old 02-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Watchfuliz
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Trek
If I may, what are you using now instead of these? I wanted to find something that would allow me to continue using the Harley headset, but I am wanting to add earphones that will cut some of the wind noise out so I can hear the books on tape we listen to while riding, better. And then unplug them when I don't need to use the earphones.

Thanks,
Actually I bought some behind the ear PC headsets with Mic's and replaced the 1/8" mini plugs on them with a 7 pin Din plug. Now I can use the CB or intercom while listening to my music. I built several sets playing around with them. You can wear them with or without a half helmet. They work really well. They don't block as much outside noise as an in the ear type ear buds, but they still beat the outside speakers IMHO. Oh and did I mention They were a lot cheaper than the HD version......LOL.