Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild1 517's

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 11:50 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

You know...I keep hearing people say that/ask that and I can't say they bother me. This was my first bike, so maybe I'm just used to them. I suppose if I'd been used to another hand/wrist position, these might seem "wierd". I've never experienced any sort of wrist/hand pain and have done as much as a 525 mile day.

Of course, I'll probably start focusing on it now so maybe the angle of the wrist position on these bars will start bugging me! Thanks!

As far as pull-back...I sat on a friends RKC with Heritage bars and I preferred mine with more pullback and not as wide...but he had the stock seat and it was an older bike (different frame/tank) so that may not be the best comparison.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by drspencer
Thanks for posting those pics, you've got a great looking bike.

I've got the same bike, and my only complaint is I wish the handlebars had a little more pull back. The stock bars make me reach a little too far forward for my liking (I'm 6' tall).

I like the dimensions that are listed for the 517's, but they look like they might give too much of a 'wheel barrow' type feel. Do you find this to be true?

Thanks