Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seats - Love or Hate?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 05:26 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Corbin Seats - Love or Hate?

I've never actually ridden on a Corbin, only sat on one.
It felt like crap to me, hard as a brick.
They say these are some of the best seats out there but you have to log some miles to get 'em broke in.

Those that have/had them...your opinion?

Also, are they only available through Corbin?
I notice Drag Specialties no longer has them in the Fatbook.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:35 PM
driv3rx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had a corbin on my shadow,best seat i ever had,now I have a softail and corbin doesn't have much for 2 up long rides so i got mustang seat and i am having it customized to reduce the part that pushes on lower back.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I had a Corbin Gunslinger on my Fat Boy. My butt liked it and my back hated it.
After 4,000 miles it was still as hard as the day it came out of the box.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:47 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

This issue/topic has been so beat on the forum but I will add my .02 here...

IF and I will say again IF you are lucky enough to be close enough to Hollister CA - Corbin has a ride in appoitment - no a penny more than buying on line ..

However, you will ride in, meet with the seat builder - talk about what you want and expect - the builder will work with you and your body style/type and build you a seat as you wait.. as the build continues, you will be ask to sit on the bike and see how it feels.. then you are ask to go for a ride - come back and continue to work on the seat... this goes on through out the day until YOU say, thats perfect.. then the seat is covered and off you go with a custom seat made to YOUR body... You do not leave until you are happy.... I have done this on three bike since 97 and I love them.. I have toured all the western states and last april I rode from Turlock CA to Savannagh Georiga and back 22 days and over 6000 miles.. I felt great, no pain at all.. This last July finally got a back rest - Turning 60 soon and I want to give the back a little more support..

you may or may not like the corbin... IF you buy off line or from a second retailer.. the seat may or may not work for you.. Its not the seat - its just that it doesn't fit you UNLESS you can have it made for YOU>.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 821 Likes on 462 Posts

no doubt they have the same level of "cushiness" as a cinder block, but I happen to like the one I have on my rice bike, and it's 6 years old.

I have read too many HORROR stories of bad customer service from Corbin in the last few years, especially when dealing with defects in parts or workmanship that were clearly Corbins fault.

So buyer beware as far as that goes. IIRC Corbin was up for sale last year.... if it ever sold I don't know but unless the customer service level goes up the company will be gone. Too many other seat makers out there.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:51 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If my bike (which is super fine) was as sweet lookin' as yours, I would be happy to sit on a piece of cardboard!!!!!

Old 12-29-2009, 05:57 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Neggy ZRXOA 5248
no doubt they have the same level of "cushiness" as a cinder block, but I happen to like the one I have on my rice bike, and it's 6 years old.

I have read too many HORROR stories of bad customer service from Corbin in the last few years, especially when dealing with defects in parts or workmanship that were clearly Corbins fault.

So buyer beware as far as that goes. IIRC Corbin was up for sale last year.... if it ever sold I don't know but unless the customer service level goes up the company will be gone. Too many other seat makers out there.

I have also 'heard' this.. my suggestions is to take very good notes while on the phone... know who you are talking to and go from there

ON the other hand... Like I posted,,, I have had three seat built/made at the Hollister Factory - The Corbin customer service there is 110% and very often Mike Corbin will be walking around and you can talk to him with any questions or concerns.. Also, while at the factory, they buy breakfast if you are buying a seat (big deal, I know, but its customer service) also, you are invited to do a self guided walking tour of the entire Corbin factory..

Like I said, Great customer service there {in person}

Old 12-29-2009, 06:21 PM
scooplove
Tourer

I had a Corbin Hollywood Solo on my old Dyna. Loved that seat. I have a C&C Solo now on the SG. It's a bit softer than the Corbin was, but I think I still prefer the Corbin just a tiny bit better.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:26 PM
2002flstc
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Corbin is number one in my book...

My '02 Softail has a Corbin solo w/backrest... I absolutely love it... 30,000 plus miles

On the '07 Streetglide I have a mustang solo w/backrest... I tolerate it... 10,000 miles

Old 12-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Rubbit
Road Captain

not on my harley but on 2 other bikes, and were hard and not much support. On my Ultra, both stock and street glide seat, i had Meancitycycles work the seat and freakin love it and for less than half the price of a corbin. your call.

Quick Reply: Corbin Seats - Love or Hate?