Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seats - Love or Hate?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 06:52 PM
wishbonecg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my Corbin classic sole with pillion. I haver nothing but good things to say about their customer service.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:56 PM
BillinPA
Novice

I like Corbin seats. I put one on my 01 Moto Guzzi and loved it, 57,000 miles later it still feels great. Just got one for my 09 Roadglide. It looks great, I have only put about 100 miles on it so far due to weather but it feels good.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:01 PM
flashprez
Club Member
Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Love my Corbins, I've got two for my softail custom. My *** didn't get sore on the 1k trip down to Key West, 1k back. Of couse 600 miles of that was at 32 degrees at 80mph, what's that about 7 degree wind chill factor?? Just wish I could afford one for my '08 Ultra

Old 12-29-2009, 07:13 PM
ncbeast
Road Master

Got a Corbin Gunfighter on my Road Glide and love it....5000 miles. Bought it used from a guy that only put 50 miles on it to break it in. Took about 500 miles to break in and now it is perfect. Now I want the a Dual Tour with backrest which is the same seat but with backrest and passenger seat. I wished I could find a deal like my other one. Also the Gunfighter locks on with a ket and the rear covers the old seat screw in the rear fender. I emailed Corbin last week to see if they could make the Dual Tour with the key lock feature and have not heard back yet. Maybe after the holidays they will right me back. I have also been looking at the C&C Sport Tour and which ends up to be about the same price when you add the backrest and leather. Still looking at about $750 for either one but not sure I want anything softer than the Corbin now since I am use to it.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:16 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Another Corbin lover here. I have not tried other brands so maybe I would like them just as well.

I put about 40K miles on a Corbin Dual Tour on a Softail Custom. The seat was firm when I got it (bought from Dennis Kirk) and never changed or "broke in" that I could tell. When I first felt it and sat on it I thought that I had made a mistake but on the first ride and 40K miles later, I thought it was the best thing I ever put on a bike for comfort. Especially long distance riding comfort.

I had no need for dealings with Corbin customer service concerning that first Corbin saddle.

I currently have a Corbin Classic solo with back rest and passenger pillion on a Road King Custom. I bought this directly from Corbin over the phone within the last year. Customer service was excellent. The saddle is excellent also. I have about 5K miles on this Corbin and this one also did not need any "breaking in". It did not seem quite as firm as my old Corbin but it feels the same now as when I first got it. Very comfortable, especially on long distance, all day, day after day rides.

It may be better to go by the factory and have it custom made but from my experience it certainly is not necessary. You can also tell them over the phone if you have any special requests such as making it narrower so you can flat foot, etc. They are good to work with, in my experience.

Mike Corbin was not trying to sell the business. He was trying to get a partner to take some of the load off him. He is quite old and I was told that he just wanted to find someone that would care about the business as he does and allow him to spend some time away from work.

Good luck on finding the right saddle and ride safe.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:06 PM
HHFLHR
Intermediate

I like Corbin, I had a dual tour on my old fatboy and RK as well as a gambler.
They do feel like wood at first, but after a while they are very comfortable IMO.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:05 PM
WORKD4IT
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like a brick! Butt and back hate it but its bitchin though! Service guy brought my bike around and said that had to be the hardest seat he had ever sat on

Old 12-29-2009, 09:45 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

I would agree with on poster here that a Corbin 'may or may not' need to be custom made for an average size rider - I am short and therefore the custom way worked great for me just like a guy with long legs - his seat need to go back further - mine is made for my short inseam.. short people know, finding a shirt or jacket with sleeves that fit is NOT easy... same with a Harley seat...

Old 12-29-2009, 09:58 PM
ropin4gold
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like Corbins, the Dual Tour is my favorite. I have a Hollywood and Pillion for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested..........

Old 12-29-2009, 10:02 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I had a Corbin Young Guns on my Deuce. I loved it. They are a bit more firm. I know when you sit in a softer chair/couch/bed it is more comfortable at first. (may be the strangest comparision) but they do not give you the support you need for a longer period of time. Atleast for me.

I still think about getting one for my SG but I would need one to push me forward.

Quick Reply: Corbin Seats - Love or Hate?