Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RKC chrome on FLHX front fender

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 02:04 PM
cowboy-bc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RKC chrome on FLHX front fender

Hi all,

I chipped the paint and filler off of the trailing edge of my front fender which means, removal and painting. So, I'm wondering if the replacement to the stock RKC trailing edge chrome can be installed or is the basic fender the same? It seems to me the RKC fender is shorter. Anyone added this chrome to a street glide.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Nightking
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Th fenders are different in length. And the Road King fender has all the holes for trim and light. In order to put trim on the rear of the front fender, you would have to drill holes to be able to mount the trim. And, the trim would mount over the fender, instead of extending it like the RK.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:34 AM
cowboy-bc
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Nightking
Th fenders are different in length. And the Road King fender has all the holes for trim and light. In order to put trim on the rear of the front fender, you would have to drill holes to be able to mount the trim. And, the trim would mount over the fender, instead of extending it like the RK.

Hi all,

Thanks thats what I figured, I have both bikes in my garage I guess I could have got off my *** and just measured. I guess the question is whats the fix and do ya thing the chrome could be mounted higher. I guess I should see if I have the original chrome that came on the RKC and see how it looks. Also the chrome I would like to put on is the chrome of a Deluxe, what do ya all know about that?????

Old 12-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Nightking
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboy-bc
Hi all,

Thanks thats what I figured, I have both bikes in my garage I guess I could have got off my *** and just measured. I guess the question is whats the fix and do ya thing the chrome could be mounted higher. I guess I should see if I have the original chrome that came on the RKC and see how it looks. Also the chrome I would like to put on is the chrome of a Deluxe, what do ya all know about that?????
The deluxe is the same fender, but with lower mounting hole where it bolts to the sliders. Other than that it is the very same fender. Hope that helps.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:24 PM
cowboy-bc
Cruiser

The deluxe is the same fender, but with lower mounting hole where it bolts to the sliders. Other than that it is the very same fender. Hope that helps.
Here is my problem I have a small chip out of what ever they put on the trailing edge of the fender prior to painting from I suspect a rock, so my options are

Buy a new fender, only to possibly have this happen again
Fix and paint the old fender, only to possibly have this happen again
Try and see how Road king or Deluxe fender chrome looks.

Also I wonder if they make a chrome piece for a street glide anyone know, What would ya do

Old 12-30-2009, 05:33 PM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboy-bc
Here is my problem I have a small chip out of what ever they put on the trailing edge of the fender prior to painting from I suspect a rock, so my options are

Buy a new fender, only to possibly have this happen again
Fix and paint the old fender, only to possibly have this happen again
Try and see how Road king or Deluxe fender chrome looks.

Also I wonder if they make a chrome piece for a street glide anyone know, What would ya do
D: get some touch up paint and cover that puppy if ity aint huge, no one will see it. I get told all the time that I'm my bikes worst critic, ZIf I didn't point out the imperfections, no one would have noticed!

Old 12-30-2009, 05:42 PM
badjustbad
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After I smoked a bambi last year I compared the costs for getting a fender repainted versus ordering a prepainted fender. The cost was far cheaper if I ordered a new fender already painted. I wanted to go with a cleaner look so I ordered the SG fender instead of the RKC but you should be able to pick any touring fender you want, assuming you already have the chrome. If you're buying the chrome too, you may want to consider the SG fender.

Give M&M a call and ask for a price (They don't have the catalogue with the part numbers you need online.).

Old 12-30-2009, 06:12 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did not know I could put lights on the front and rear fender on my RKC. Humm!