Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chrome license plate/light kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 12:13 PM
agent58
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default chrome license plate/light kit

I would like to add more light to the back of my 08 RK .Looked at the turn signal conversion kit but would like to keep the amber turn signals.The chrome license plate light kit 68230-97b I think is what I am looking for.Adding two extra lights to back would really help light up the rear.I have never seen one on a bike.I have done a search and seen maybe two photos.What does everyone think about this kit?Does anyone have any pictures they could post?The kit is 259.95 here but I think with the added light you can't go wrong.Thx for any help.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:39 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wanted a little extra light also, so I put them on. I also changed everything out to L.E.D.'s. I think they can see me now.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:12 PM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had one on my 2006 FLHT and I really liked it.
The added run and brake was a big improvement to visibility from the rear and my riding buddies called it the "Christmas tree" after they rode behind me.
I really would have liked to put it on my 09 Ultra , but it's totally different where the license plate mounts.
I sold it to a forum member for a pretty good deal.
Look in the classifieds here at the forum , there may be one for sale.
For me , it was a good value even at full price.
Mick

Old 12-31-2009, 09:51 AM
Cyclefreak007
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got one on eBay for $100 (ended up also having to buy wiring stuff from Harley) and love it. I like all the lights and also want to look like a Christmas tree. Look at Chicago Harley on line. They usually sell for 20% off and shipping is usually offset by not having to pay sales tax.

On a side note for the folks that are lighting up. What LED lights are you using for turn signals, and this lisence plate bracket? I have the run/brake/turn signal module too.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:53 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All of mine are Radiantz Retroz, except for the tour pak - they are from RideTimeTechnology.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:53 AM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

? Is light kit 68230-97 plug and play. Or did you have to splice wires. Where do the wires run? I like the look of the kit. Want to put it on my 06 FLHRC-I Road King Classic. My Bike has a TLE (sidecar) setup. I don't think it will affect it. Also thinking about the Bk run light set up 69461-06A. Thanks for any input.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Cyclefreak007
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it is plug and play. Plugs into extra accessory plug under the seat in front of the battery ( at least on my ultra). No splicing needed ib buying new. I bought mine used off eBay and someone had cut the wires.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:01 PM
groaning
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just purchased a used chrome license plate/light kit (68230-97B) on ebay, but the wires were cut, so no plug and play. Since I don't have instructions or the original connectors, how is the best way to wire this item?

The catalog description states "running lights/brake." Is it possible to wire this item for signals too, or would that be too much?

Old 11-21-2010, 04:14 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyclefreak007
I got one on eBay for $100 (ended up also having to buy wiring stuff from Harley) and love it. I like all the lights and also want to look like a Christmas tree. Look at Chicago Harley on line. They usually sell for 20% off and shipping is usually offset by not having to pay sales tax.

On a side note for the folks that are lighting up. What LED lights are you using for turn signals, and this lisence plate bracket? I have the run/brake/turn signal module too.
I have the HD LED run/turn/brake lights,HD LED tail light,HD LED run/brake fender tip light.

Old 09-07-2020, 07:00 PM
morrisrh
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trying to hookup 68230-97b to 05 Road King

I got this rear auxiliary bar off eBay. It interferes with the quick detach pieces for the backrest on each side, so I had an inch cut off each side of the license plate holder and now it fits. I am now trying to hook up the wiring.

I also have that kit for modifying the existing rear directionals to riding and brake lights, a module with connectors is used between the rear wiring harness and the main harness.

Given I have that kit, not sure how these lights on the auxiliary bar would hook up. The wires from the lights on this bar were cut, no connectors. Each light has 2 wires, I assume one for the riding light, and one for the turn signal/brake light. Bulbs are 2 filament 1157 type.

Any ideas ? I was thinking of getting some Y connectors but not sure how to hook up.

Thx for any and all help, Rick

Installed but not hooked up 68230-98b

Quick Reply: chrome license plate/light kit