Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a warning

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 11:45 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Just a warning

I have to be vague here but hope you will get the drift. Yesterday I posed a question about service manual. In short, be careful what you post as the thread was shut down by the moderator. Guess we have to be mindful that big brother is always watching and there can be ramifications that would affect this forum. This is a great place and I love all that I read on here. This is not a jab at the moderators in any way as they are trying to protect us all and I respect their decision.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:50 AM
LX HEMI
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This forum is much more liberal than other forums I visit. You must have posted something really bad!

Old 12-29-2009, 11:52 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Yeah, there is always a Lawyer somewhere ready to jump in any direction!

Old 12-29-2009, 11:54 AM
flhrbill
Club Member
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I had replied to your post yesterday W/O thinking of the legal ramifications of what was suggested. My apology to the moderators. This is a GREAT forum., lets not do anything to srew it up.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:01 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

It probably had something to do with the MoCo service manual on PDF and illegal free access/downloading circumventing payment to the MoCo for copyrighted material. It was discussed once before here and also locked down. HDf can't condone or be a vehicle to such actions. The Mods did the right thing.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:04 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

This announcement has been posting since May.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...o-in-here.html

Old 12-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

....You guys are such outlaws!....And don't be postin' any boobie pictures either!!!!

Old 12-29-2009, 12:26 PM
BuckeyeRider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flhrbill
I had replied to your post yesterday W/O thinking of the legal ramifications of what was suggested. My apology to the moderators. This is a GREAT forum., lets not do anything to srew it up.
Same here

Old 12-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiskers
....You guys are such outlaws!....And don't be postin' any boobie pictures either!!!!

Don't = Do (I hope?) LOL

Old 12-29-2009, 12:32 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by soos
It probably had something to do with the MoCo service manual on PDF and illegal free access/downloading circumventing payment to the MoCo for copyrighted material. It was discussed once before here and also locked down. HDf can't condone or be a vehicle to such actions. The Mods did the right thing.
I agree they did right by killing the post. I do have a hard copy of the manual and never expected a soft copy to be available. Only posed the thought because like I said, it makes searches so much easier. IMO, HD should offer a disc when you buy the manual. I would think they could encrypt it so it could not be copied. Someone recently made a point that they thought their manual was missing a step but then found it in another section of the manual. By being able to search PDF you would be much less likely to miss something like that. I only bring this up as a reminder to keep us all protected. I am one to miss fine print and this may be a warning somewhere but if not it should be.

Quick Reply: Just a warning