Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a warning

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 01:43 PM
mhsmith451
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ftanner
The nice thing about having an electronic copy...

I have my car service manual electronically. I just print out the pages that I need for any given job. If I get oil or grease on them, I cna just throw them away and print new ones if I need them.

I have an electronic maual for my wife's Ducati 695 and it's great for just that reason as well as it contains a parts fische. I'd gladly give the MoCo the same money for a disk that I would for a paper manual!

Old 12-31-2009, 02:29 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mhsmith451
I have an electronic maual for my wife's Ducati 695 and it's great for just that reason as well as it contains a parts fische. I'd gladly give the MoCo the same money for a disk that I would for a paper manual!
Yeah. I'd love to be able to buy a set of all three manuals for my bike on CD. I'd gladly pay the going price.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:44 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It was about azzless chp wasn't it))

Old 12-31-2009, 07:42 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by gunner11
It was about azzless chp wasn't it))
Chaps are, be definition, assless. If they had an *** they'd be PANTS.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:22 AM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by strtarrow
For what its worth the search function does not work. I contacted the seller and his response was use the index. I can do that with my hard copy!!! I responded telling him such and his last response was I don't know how to fix it. I hate leaving negative feedback but had no choice. So although it appeared to be a legitimate HD disc, as some alluded to earlier, labels can be made.....

Well if its a pdf file there is a search function built into the viewer ? That should work . Thats all I do with mine .

Old 01-01-2010, 11:36 AM
gli.der
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CroK
I didn't mind the price when I first bought mine about 4-5 months ago, but I do have to say I am thoroughly disgusted with the binding. I have used tech manuals my entire life, I read them like bedtime stories, and never have I had a single one fall apart with the abuse I gave them. I've got several old Chilton manuals from the mid 50s, that are still usable today even with all the greasy finger prints from using them in the shop.

I literally baby my HD manual, and I haven't used it even a small fraction of the time I used ANY of the others I've owned. I don't even have any greasy finger prints on any of the pages yet, but the pages are seperating from the binding on this HD manual. And I feel as if I should have a look on the net for a 'free' download to justify what I paid for this piece of crap they sold me.

I seriously hope some one from Harley Davidson reads this response, it really rips my *** each time I need to look at something in the manual now. And that alone should be incentive enough to think about offering a cd...
Ditto here! Mine lasted about a year befpre falling apart. Will have to have it re-bound.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:11 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry1955
Here is the reason these (not this one but the fake manual threads) get shut down so quick. It's rule number 16 of the HDF Rules located in the "Quick Links" drop down at the top of the page. The same rules everyone agreed to when they joined HDF.

16. Copyrighted material can not be posted on HDForums. Do not post pictures that have a copyright stamp on them or bootlegged material, such as Harley Manuals which have been illegally downloaded on CD's. Any violation of this rule will cause the post/thread to be removed and the offending member to be warned or banned (depending on the severity of the violation).
I'm no expert on this subject, but it seems to me that the above quote refers to actually posting or uploading copyrighted material to this forum. I don't see the connection in discussing or referencing any type of manuals that are offered on eBay or anywhere else, no matter where they came from originally, since the material in those manuals isn't being uploaded here nor are those manuals being offered for sale here.

Guess I'm missing something here...