Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a warning

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by n8dc
Its not legit but unless the seller gets caught then he is gonna just make money till the buyers dry up.. The one I have is a fake and I knew it when I bought it . Hell once when I was 15 I even stole a pack of cigarettes . Yup im a law breaking outlaw . I also drive over the speed limit and iv been known to make a cocktail for the drive ...
There that should take the load off you for a while ....
Say 3 Hail Mary's and a few Our Fathers and yer good to go!

Okay, who's next,.....?

Old 12-30-2009, 04:52 PM
BuckeyeRider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its funny how buy a PDF manual draws such scrutiny and how muck HD is losing but when checking out other threads people are praising the knock off lower fairings from China on Ebay.
Gotta love it.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:12 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

For what its worth the search function does not work. I contacted the seller and his response was use the index. I can do that with my hard copy!!! I responded telling him such and his last response was I don't know how to fix it. I hate leaving negative feedback but had no choice. So although it appeared to be a legitimate HD disc, as some alluded to earlier, labels can be made.....

Old 12-30-2009, 05:14 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I can see right now that I'm gonna have to spent a lot of time improving my computer skills. ...........If I wanna be a good 21st century thief that is.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraClassicElectraGlide
I like .pdf's because I can view them on a 17" notebook or a 24" desktop for a lot better clarity and then print out only the page I need. Plus, I can search a specific word or topic and not go through numerous pages trying to find the exact answer. I have a motorhome with hardcopy and .pdf manuals. The manuals total more than 1,700 pages and I know I can find the info I want on the .pdf's a lot faster than going through the three hardcopy manuals..

I've shelled out $$ and own the service manual as well but would like a PDF copy for the same reasons.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:59 PM
whitebikertrash
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the illegal downloaded manual and look what happened to my bike!!!!!!!

Always use genuine HD products!

Attached Thumbnails Just a warning-untitled.jpg  
Old 12-30-2009, 07:35 PM
wtxriders
Advanced
Default Wrote my congressman

He has promised to write a bill to make manuals available FREE for all... Said it would be a good bill with many supporters and better to slap a lot of pork on hoping to get it passed.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:25 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Here is the reason these (not this one but the fake manual threads) get shut down so quick. It's rule number 16 of the HDF Rules located in the "Quick Links" drop down at the top of the page. The same rules everyone agreed to when they joined HDF.

16. Copyrighted material can not be posted on HDForums. Do not post pictures that have a copyright stamp on them or bootlegged material, such as Harley Manuals which have been illegally downloaded on CD's. Any violation of this rule will cause the post/thread to be removed and the offending member to be warned or banned (depending on the severity of the violation).

Old 12-31-2009, 01:12 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Why does everyone want things electronically anyway, whats wrong with actually reading a manual in real life. Its only $50 or so, pays for itself on first repair or teh first time you use it.
The nice thing about having an electronic copy...

I have my car service manual electronically. I just print out the pages that I need for any given job. If I get oil or grease on them, I cna just throw them away and print new ones if I need them.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:17 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by strtarrow
For what its worth the search function does not work. I contacted the seller and his response was use the index. I can do that with my hard copy!!! I responded telling him such and his last response was I don't know how to fix it. I hate leaving negative feedback but had no choice. So although it appeared to be a legitimate HD disc, as some alluded to earlier, labels can be made.....
That means that when he made the PDFs he didn't select the features that made it searchable. He probably just scanned it in and called it a day rather than going the extra steps.

I am betting it's NOT legitimate just based on that, not counting everything else.

Quick Reply: Just a warning