Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of Batwings w/ bar mounted mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PadreL
Primo
How are the rise and pullback? To me they look just enough to make a favorable difference. Plus they look great on your bike. I had been leaning toward Cyclesmith 13" apes, but you've given me a different option.

Here's a page that demonstrates the rise (2") over the stock bars and pullback as compared to the stock ones: https://www.kustombaggers.com/products/?id=183

I have the Ergo "Back" model. List is $200 but I paid $150 from forum sponsor Cateye Customs. (Thx Sara!)

Key for me was that I didn't need any cable or wire replacements or extensions.

They give your wrist a more natural postion and have the ability to be rotated forward or back thru quite a range of motion to help you find your sweet spot.

Last edited by Primo; 01-14-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by bald1der
Those look good... How do they feel? Nice choice in mirrors
If this was directed at me, thank you. I'm very happy with the total package.

Did 149 miles the other day with the new bars and I like the feel but it will take just a little getting used to after 3yrs and 30k miles with the stock bars.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:35 PM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I have received numerous compliments on my bars (thank you) and questions as to what they were and where to get them. I was aked to post this information here so here it is. I just called my indy shop where I purchased them so I could get the part number to pass along. I said originally that they were from Drag Specialties, but that was incorrect. They are out of the Biker Choice catalog

492006 SOFTAIL HERITAGE HANDLEBAR 49.95 CONTROL Khrome Werks

492006 being the part number and 49.95 being the price. As a note....If you look at the relationship between either one of my hand grips and the top of my fairing dash (dash is level when the bike is upright) you will notice that the end of the grip is slightly higher than the control side of the grip. This does not bother me and I find it comfortable, BUT many on here that have tried these bars have not liked the wrist position, some have, some haven't. Just want that to be out in the open air. These are the same bar as the Harley Heritage take-off. I could not find any at the time and I thought the price was right. I believe the Road King police bikes also came with these bars. I am not sure is they will fit stock harley batwing fairings due to the distance between the uprights.

Adam

Last edited by modes; 01-14-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:14 PM
gmc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by modes
I have received numerous compliments on my bars (thank you) and questions as to what they were and where to get them. I was aked to post this information here so here it is. I just called my indy shop where I purchased them so I could get the part number to pass along. I said originally that they were from Drag Specialties, but that was incorrect. They are out of the Biker Choice catalog

492006 SOFTAIL HERITAGE HANDLEBAR 49.95 CONTROL Khrome Werks

492006 being the part number and 49.95 being the price. As a note....If you look at the relationship between either one of my hand grips and the top of my fairing dash (dash is level when the bike is upright) you will notice that the end of the grip is slightly higher than the control side of the grip. This does not bother me and I find it comfortable, BUT many on here that have tried these bars have not liked the wrist position, some have, some haven't. Just want that to be out in the open air. These are the same bar as the Harley Heritage take-off. I could not find any at the time and I thought the price was right. I believe the Road King police bikes also came with these bars. I am not sure is they will fit stock harley batwing fairings due to the distance between the uprights.

Adam
Thanks for info, your bike looks great. They appear to be close to the Ergo bars which are 179 for mine.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:21 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Primo
Here's a page that demonstrates the rise (2") over the stock bars and pullback as compared to the stock ones: https://www.kustombaggers.com/products/?id=183

I have the Ergo "Back" model. List is $200 but I paid $150 from forum sponsor Cateye Customs. (Thx Sara!)
Thanks for the heads up on Cateye. I've been pricing a new Danny Gray seat. I checked with Cateye, and their price was great. I'm gonna go ahead and buy from them.

Last edited by IAMSWUTIAMS; 01-15-2010 at 06:23 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:02 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
Thanks for the heads up on Cateye. I've been pricing a new Danny Gray seat. I checked with Cateye, and their price was great. I'm gonna go ahead and buy from them.
You'll be happy you did. Post up or PM when you get the new seat and have a chance to evaluate it.

Thx,
Primo

Old 01-15-2010, 10:21 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Ordered the seat this morning. I'm hoping it gets here by the end of next week. That might be optimistic.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:21 PM
16over
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is an older topic but would like to renew it. I got the apes installed a few weeks ago and can't see sh*t out of the fairing mounted mirrors, need to go to bar mounted but need some that don't look too bad. OP said no HD mirrors, I don't care cause I am actually looking at some that I didn't think looked too bad. May see if they will let me "try" some on tomorrow.

Thanks!

Old 07-14-2012, 11:10 PM
Qcconvicts
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[/quote]

What are these bars, and what wiring changes did you need to complete?

Last edited by Qcconvicts; 07-14-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:28 AM
ericl
Road Warrior
Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Qcconvicts

What are these bars, and what wiring changes did you need to complete?[/QUOTE]

Paul yaffe monkey bagger bars, look like 12" Not sure on a street glide on my Road king Paul Yaffee OEM monkey bars had to extend the wires and cables.