Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 road glide, good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009 | 09:28 PM
cornking
|
Tourer
Default 09 road glide, good deal?

Do most of my ridin 2 up, so been looking for a few more creature comforts, mainly radio and fairing. I have always thought the RG had an awesome look to it, but I have never ridden one. Test rode some UC's and just didn't now if this was the bike for me. So to the point of my post. Located a 09 RG that has only 1300 miles on it. For extras it has a king tour pak, detatchable kit, rack on tp, V&H monster ovals, riders backrest, and matching lowers. Asking price is 18,500. Just wondering what you guys thought.

Old 12-27-2009 | 09:31 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cornking
Do most of my ridin 2 up, so been looking for a few more creature comforts, mainly radio and fairing. I have always thought the RG had an awesome look to it, but I have never ridden one. Test rode some UC's and just didn't now if this was the bike for me. So to the point of my post. Located a 09 RG that has only 1300 miles on it. For extras it has a king tour pak, detatchable kit, rack on tp, V&H monster ovals, riders backrest, and matching lowers. Asking price is 18,500. Just wondering what you guys thought.
Sounds like a pretty good deal, it has at least 3 grand in accys already on it!

Old 12-27-2009 | 09:56 PM
Gearhead3
Road Captain

Sounds good!! Hell, I'd buy it if I were in the market for one.

Old 12-27-2009 | 10:07 PM
cornking
|
Tourer

Thanks for your input guys. I unfortunately have never ridden a RG so i don't know what to expect as far as handling with the mounted fairing. It is also hard to test ride here with 6+ inches of snow.

Old 12-27-2009 | 10:56 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for your input guys. I unfortunately have never ridden a RG so i don't know what to expect as far as handling with the mounted fairing. It is also hard to test ride here with 6+ inches of snow.
You wont be disapointed in how they ride. You can throw them big a$$ bitches around pretty easy!

Old 12-27-2009 | 11:26 PM
5 Speed Suicide
Tourer

Go for it! The RG is an awesome bike!!

Old 12-28-2009 | 12:03 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for your input guys. I unfortunately have never ridden a RG so i don't know what to expect as far as handling with the mounted fairing.
......... i didn't ride one before buying mine either.
..... and i don't think i could have made a better choice. Fire it up & head out, you'll never look back !

Old 12-28-2009 | 05:53 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member

I agree with the above - sounds like a pretty good price on a well-accessoried bike. I came off a Road King to a Road Glide, and the handling difference is definitely noticeable. The frame mounted fairing of the Road Glide causes the bike to handle "lighter" since there is no wind pressure translated to the handlebars. I also like the stability of the Road Glide - my Road King transmitted wind and buffeting directly to the handlebars, which made turbulence by big trucks on the expressway "entertaining".

The Road Glide is a great choice for long distance touring - long days in the saddle are less tiring due to its better wind management and lighter feel. Lots of room for the passenger as well, and that tour-pak will spoil you!

Old 12-28-2009 | 07:37 AM
robfaulkner
Cruiser
Default RG test ride....

I currently have an EGC and really enjoy it. However last Feb at Daytona I took a Road Glide out for a demo ride. There definately is one in my future. Handling is great. And I lke the looks - there are so many bat-wing fairings out there (including mine), so something different would be nice to ride. Also, it felt like it "fitted" me better than my Electra Glide - I'm 6'3' - 230. Good luck with your decision!

Old 12-28-2009 | 08:14 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member

Just came off an Ultra. I loved that bike, but the Road Glide is for me, a way better ride.

Quick Reply: 09 road glide, good deal?