Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone use the brake light modulator from Kisan Technologies?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 11:40 PM
Chibamonkey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone use the brake light modulator from Kisan Technologies?

After a good friend of mine and his wife were hit several months ago by a teenager in a full-size Bronco who was texting and didn't see them, I am seriously interested in anything that increases rearward visibility on my Ultra.

They were sitting at a stop light on their bike when they were hit at 40 mph...totalled the bike and put the wife in the hospital.

Our ambulances have what we call "stutter stops", or LED stop light assemblies that flicker three times before coming on solid when the brakes are applied.

I have looked at several different stop lamps for HDs from different manufacturers...then a friend who rides turned me on to these made by Kisan Technologies. Just wondering if anyone has used them for on their bikes, and pros/cons they have with them.

https://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=3

Thanks

Old 12-25-2009, 11:59 PM
Fester
Advanced

I have not used these before, but I can say as a ex-paramedic, ANYTHING that gets peoples attention on to you when you are on a bike is a good thing. . . to a point. I have seen some bikes so over loaded with lights that people are like "wow man" looking at the bike and momentarily forget they are driving too, and this , as you may have guessed, is VERY BAD, so do I like tail light flashers? yes. do they help, yes I personally believe they do, can it be over done with added on flashing lights, again yes.... So in my opinion, add this, maybe a extra one or two fashing LEDs next to or near your tag, and WATCH YOUR MIRRORS WHEN STOPPED! Also, when stopped, keep it in gear, so when you see stupid coming up behind you, you have a CHANCE to move out of his/her way! Be safe and see you on the road my friend.

Old 12-26-2009, 12:27 AM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them on my Road King and love them. I think I paid around $40.00 out of the J&P catalog and can highly recomend them.
Marsh

Old 12-26-2009, 12:57 AM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

kuryakyn makes the flashing module and u can buy the led turn signals with both of them combined they work great. i think u cant enough rear lighting and they also light up your rear signal as a running light,turn signal, and brake lighting. kinda pricey though but u get what u pay for. just my 2 cents

Old 12-26-2009, 03:07 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

I don't have any on the RG YET, but I will have something like this....If I had a UC or EGC I would hook it to a spoiler and go with the flash 3/5 times and go solid...
Also back off makes a module for this app....and Hyper Lites is another choice...hid them under the tourpac and have them flash as brake lights...

Old 12-26-2009, 08:12 AM
whoop72
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have had the kisan on three bikes. works great and no problems. if it gets the attention of even one person who otherwise might not have seen you, it's worth it. this is the same reason i have a headlight modulator. biggest risk is cagers not seeing us.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:21 AM
thehueg
Cruiser

I used them on a BMW K1200LT and it caused the automatic centerstand to malfunction. I then put one on my 08 Ultra and immediately the cruise light came on yet would no longer work. I spoke to an engineer at Kisan and he indicated they were aware of a software issue. It was a bear getting the bike electronics finally fixed. Perhaps Kisan has figured out the issue. I had one years ago on another bike and it was a great item. I use their Pathblazer to modulate my headlight. By the way, the Kisan is simply a bulb replacment-no wiring. The electronics are in the base of the bulb.

Old 12-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine were made by Back-Off and they are flawless.
Marsh

Old 12-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Arvid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Comagination flasher, same results, and a little more affordable
http://www.comagination.com/bflasher.htm

Arvid

Old 12-26-2009, 05:07 PM
gdkenoyer
Tourer

I do not have the Kisan ones, but I do have this Signal Dymanics on my RG, along with an extra LED strip on my tourpak.

I also have a headlight modulator from the same folks...

Quick Reply: Does anyone use the brake light modulator from Kisan Technologies?