Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use the Dual Bulb Halogen Headlight Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Estil
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Anyone use the Dual Bulb Halogen Headlight Kit?

Thinking about buying the dual bulb halogen headlight kit and wondering if someone who has this light can tell me how they like it. I live in the country and ride on a lot of rural roads and the deer are plentiful. Would rather not spend more money on the HID lights if the dual bulb will provide a little more. Appreciate feedback from anyone who has them on their scoot.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:29 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I tried it out last year, and wasn't impressed with it at all. I went back to the stock headlight unit with upgraded bulbs.......much better night riding.

Steve

Old 12-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Estil
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Steve....could you tell me what bulb you used? If the light is better, that will be a cheaper option for me as well!

Larry

Old 12-25-2009, 01:53 PM
reefrider
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Here's a great place for aftermarket lighting and bulbs. I have not used this guy but many on the forum have. http://www.danielsternlighting.com/
Best, RR

Old 12-25-2009, 01:58 PM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

I had the dual bulb kit on my '03 Ultra and it was a big improvement over the stock lights. However, the older style stock lights had fluted lens covers and the light from them was terrible. You could not even tell that the light was on during daylight.

The stock light on my '09 Ultra is better than the dual bulb kit and I would not waste my money on it on a newer model bike. JMHO.

Old 12-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 394 Likes on 221 Posts

I felt the stock headlight on my 09 wasn't really bad, but a little weak. I installed the dual bulb kit and found a little improvement, especially on high. In retrospect I should have just replaced the 7" headlight assembly with a Hella unit. I've done this in cars, I don't know why I didn't think about doing this to my FLHT? This will work far better than getting any aftermarket bulb. You'll have a razor sharp cut-off on low beam that is wide. High beam is improved too. http://cat.hella.com/hella232/jsp/se...a@PR@002395801

Old 12-25-2009, 04:30 PM
HD REBEL
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, Check out www.ddmtuning.com. Just installed thier HID 55w high and low headlamp kit. They are on sale for $52 complete! Very good quality and guaranteed for life! Super bright!

Old 12-26-2009, 12:02 AM
hepengr
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the twin bulb halogen system on my 07 CVO Ultra, as it came stock.
Lighting was poor on low beam, and not much better on high.

I replaced it with a dual beam HID reflector set-up that I purchased through Kurakyn. It's a little pricey, but the bightness and coverage on both low and high beam is worth it if you do alot of night time riding.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Boo2you
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a dual halogen and installed in on my bike. They SUCK. I also live in the country and ride a lot at night. I thought the dual would be the ticket. I was wrong. Don't waste your money.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:43 PM
thealaskan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can do it yourself (low beam stays on when you switch to high beam) with a simple wiring splice on the dimmer switch.

Here's a visual explanation:http://www.thp.yuku.com/topic/122
(scroll down to Headlight Trick, about 1/4 down the page)

Quick Reply: Anyone use the Dual Bulb Halogen Headlight Kit?