Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use the Dual Bulb Halogen Headlight Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 08:44 PM
North Star
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I like PIAA bulbs- nice bright white light

Old 12-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since the OP mentioned HID's, I thought I'd ask this question. Has anyone tried this HID unit?
http://www.motorcyclemetal.com/gpage12.html
It lists for just under $250 which is less than half what Harley wants for their HID conversion and uses HID for high and low beam. The Harley unit uses HID for low beam only. I think it's more expensive than Harley's duel halogen conversion the OP is asking about but not that bad if it works reliably.

Just wondering!
Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:13 AM
Estil
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks to all who replied to my post. I think I will first try to upgrade my bulb and see what improvements I get. Have ruled out going the dual bulb setup from Harley.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:58 PM
davep
Cruiser

I was thinking about getting the dual light assembly.....but with all the responses, I'll stay with the current set up on the 09 Ultra and upgrade the bulb...Thanks to all

Old 01-28-2012, 05:18 PM
steelhead
Road Master

Wise choice. I have it on my CVO and while bright is ok, dim outright sucks. I pondered upgrading the bulbs but have decided to go LED instead.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:37 PM
dynawideglider
Tourer

Originally Posted by Estil
Thinking about buying the dual bulb halogen headlight kit and wondering if someone who has this light can tell me how they like it. I live in the country and ride on a lot of rural roads and the deer are plentiful. Would rather not spend more money on the HID lights if the dual bulb will provide a little more. Appreciate feedback from anyone who has them on their scoot.
I bought the kit for its daylight brightness and have been impressed with it, though there may be easier and lesser expensive options in the previous posts.

I also added fog lights to the engine guard, the combination is bright as hell in daylight and works more than well at night.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:56 PM
Nute
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the dual halogen light on my ultra and have to admit when I first started using it I was disappointed and considered putting the original back on. However, I decided to try adjusting the beam direction and the more I adjusted the better it got. Now I couldn't be happier. I've come to the conclusion that most guys that are having problems with their headlights, probably don't have them adjusted properly. The procedure in the manual is a good start but you have to fine-tune based on your weight, shocks and tire pressures, as well as wear. Adjusting the headlight is very easy.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:40 AM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 102 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Nute
I have the dual halogen light on my ultra and have to admit when I first started using it I was disappointed and considered putting the original back on. However, I decided to try adjusting the beam direction and the more I adjusted the better it got. Now I couldn't be happier. I've come to the conclusion that most guys that are having problems with their headlights, probably don't have them adjusted properly. The procedure in the manual is a good start but you have to fine-tune based on your weight, shocks and tire pressures, as well as wear. Adjusting the headlight is very easy.
I went to the dual bulb unit and experienced the same thing...After observing where the light was on the road...I adjusted the beam down on the road more and now I am very satisfied with it...I agree I don't think many people take the time to solve an issue...We live in the age where instant gratification is expected.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:30 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 569 Likes on 396 Posts

Add a relay with 12 ga wireing,it will make any headlight (except led) brighter.

www.easternbeaver.com

Old 01-29-2012, 12:07 PM
HalfFast
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Me too. I bought the dual halogen and while it is some better than the stock light on my 10 RK, it is not worth the money difference. After reading some of these posts, I will try adjusting it and re-check it.
I also live in the country and deer here are also a problem. The best thing I found to take care of that was the addition of fog lights mounted on my engine guard. They are great to light up the sides of the road and the area immediately in front of the bike.

Quick Reply: Anyone use the Dual Bulb Halogen Headlight Kit?