Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated gloves

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 03:50 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Heated gloves

I can guess a decent pair are worth the coin but what are the best, what can one expect to pay and most importantly, just how do they work, meaning how do they hook to a power source? I will ride in anything above 30 degrees but my fingers are the first to go and I have to pull over, set my gloves at the engine to warm them and rub fingers across the heads.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:03 PM
RadRick
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heated gloves are great they wire directly to the bikes battery and can be turned on and off with a switch.
I have the Harley gloves made by Gerbing the only draw back is the wires which can be a bit restrictive but for cold weather riding they keep the hands toasty and warm.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:08 PM
lrays280z
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to the Gerbing website. These are gloves you want to get. You'll also need a controller to adjust the temps. A dual controller if you want to control more than one heated item. The connections are simple to the battery of the bike. Remember to always start the bike before turning on the heated gear. Also turn off heated gear before turning the engine off. I live in N. GA and rode last year all bundled up like the Michelin Man, but my hands would still get cold. I now have a Gerbings jacket and gloves that I purchased used back iin the summer. It WILL be the best money you've ever spent it you like to ride all year round. No matter how good regular gloves are....there's no way to compare the heat that's produced with the heated gear.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:09 PM
D2R
Banned

I'm guessing Gerbing are probably the most mentioned.I've had a pair for 3 years along with the jacket liner.They work great!I came right off of the battery with the fused pigtail.It tucks up under the seat when not in use.I've seen them list for 160-190 bucks on the internet,not cheap.The Harley brand are the Gerbings,you can check them out at a dealership.Probably add 20-30 bucks for the logo.First Gear is another brand that are in use.Just make sure you get a thermostat.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:30 PM
strtarrow
Banned

Thanks all. Are the sizes correct? IOW, if I normally wear a size large glove would the Gerbing be safe to order the same size online? Another question is longevity. Can I expect them to last and for how long? Thanks again. I love this site and all my fellow riders on here!!! God bless you all and Merry Christmas!!!

Old 12-24-2009, 04:36 PM
strtarrow
Banned

Another question. Does the connection come with the gloves? I found these on ebay but it states nothing about connections.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-G...Q5fMerchandise

Old 12-24-2009, 04:40 PM
cmcelrod
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a BMW Motorcycle store nearby, stop there, most of them carry gerbing gear, (well around here anyway) I stopped in last week and tried on just about everything gerbing makes.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:40 PM
lrays280z
Road Master

The tag at the bottom of the ebay page states that it comes with the battery harness. Although, you won't be able to turn the heat down. You could order one of these to do that.
http://www.lockitt.com/accessories_t...x.htm#trilevel

Old 12-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

Gerbings all the way...and a controller or thermostat..

Old 12-24-2009, 04:46 PM
lrays280z
Road Master

Gerbing Gloves have a lifetime warranty to the original owner.

Quick Reply: Heated gloves