Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security system transfer....

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 09:02 AM
robfaulkner
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security system transfer....

Is it a big job to transfer a security system from an 07 FLHTC to an 07 FLHTP? Electrical work doesn't bother me - I'm wondering if its a big job.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Rubbit
Road Captain

Yes, according to the dealer. Call your service tech, i cant remember which part it was, but something has to be transfered from one bike to the other for the system to work on the new bike.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:47 PM
hawkip50
Intermediate

I'm sure on the 07 FLHTP but I transferred the security system from my 06 FLHTC to the 09 FLHTC and it was simply plug and play. No problems that I know of.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:50 PM
mfglideman
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

should not be a problem. The key fob is mated to the system not the bike so if you transfer all of the system it should work.

Old 12-21-2009, 02:09 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,244 Likes on 1,851 Posts

Swap out the TSSM between the two.

Old 12-21-2009, 02:12 PM
twincam47
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The HFSM (formerly TSSM) has to be mated with the new bike...I believe it takes the Digital Technician from the dealer to perform this operation. The bikes ECM has to learn the new HFSM by way of the Digital Technician.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:30 PM
hawkip50
Intermediate

twincam47 is correct. I just remembered that the technician has to sync the HFSM to the new bike.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:36 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,244 Likes on 1,851 Posts

Did they change the "marrying" procedure that was outlined in the manual? I didn't think the Digitech was needed for this unless they changed that too. Or does the marrying get done after the flash?

Old 12-21-2009, 04:01 PM
robfaulkner
Cruiser
Default "Marrying" procedure....

My service manual for the 07 Touring Models (page 8-58) doesn't seem to refer to a marrying procedure. So it would be nice if its a "plug and play" installation.

Originally Posted by dawg
Did they change the "marrying" procedure that was outlined in the manual? I didn't think the Digitech was needed for this unless they changed that too. Or does the marrying get done after the flash?

Old 12-21-2009, 04:32 PM
The Dane
Intermediate
Red face Transferred modul

Transferred my security module from a 2000 Dyna to a 2005 FLHT. You have to marry the system to the bike. After ½ hour it was done. The manual procedure here below or else go to the stealer and pay for it. Did the same procedure on a 2006 sportster.

1 Set Run switch to Run

2 Turn Ignition key On-Off-On-Off-On-Off-On and then toggle
the Left Turn Signal switch twice.

3 Turn Ignition key Off-On Verify the Check Engine lamp and Security Lamp illuminate
briefly and then turn off Security lamp will not illuminate on non-security
(TSM) Twin Cam models.

4 Attempt normal start one time. Engine starts and stalls immediately. check engine
lamp stays on. Password has not been learned and sets trouble code P1009, thus stopping fuel
flow.

5 Wait 10 seconds Security Lamp remains lit for V-Rod and TC88 with TSSM. Lamp will not be on for TC88 TSM models. ECM enters Password Learning mode for 10 minutes.
Do Not cycle the ignition or disrupt power.

6 Wait until Security Lamp turns off or a minimum of 10 minutes has passed.

7 Quickly (within 2 seconds) turn Ignition key OFF-ON Security Lamp remains lit for V-Rod and TC88 with TSSM. Lamp will not be on for TC88 TSM models.

8 Wait until Security Lamp turns off or a minimum of 10 minutes has passed. Password Learning mode for 10 minutes. Do Not cycle the
ignition or disrupt power.

9 Quickly (within 2 seconds) turn Ignition key OFF-ON Security Lamp remains lit for V-Rod and TC88 with TSSM. Lamp will not be on for TC88 TSM models.

10 Wait until Security Lamp turns off or a minimum of 10 minutes has passed. Password Learning mode for 10 minutes. Do Not cycle the ignition or disrupt power.

11 Quickly (within 2 seconds) turn Ignition key OFF-ON Security Lamp light and then turn off. Lamp will not be on for TC88 TSM models.

12 Turn Ignition switch OFF. Wait 15 seconds. Turn Ignition switch ON and start engine to confirm the Password Learn Procedure is successful. Engine will start and remain running
If engine immediately stalls and fails to restart the Password Learning mode was not successful. Start over at step 1.

Quick Reply: Security system transfer....