Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discriminatory?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 12:22 PM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Unless they are paying you for travel time tell em' to pound sand...I hate employers that try to control employees off time.

Mark

Old 12-20-2009, 12:31 PM
beerguz
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe just show up to work in big, lifted, gas guzzlin' 4x4,s with loud pipes, and stereos. And don't forget your rifles mounted in the back window.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:35 PM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveO
Read his post again.....In my own words here is the way understand his statement......."he said the company he works for just posted a restriction banning the use of motorcycles for work related business". His company has not banned using a motorcycle on personel time or to and from work. He also said "next thing they may try to do is tell them what they can drive to work"

My company restricts employees from the same thing, and also includes other restrictions like using a personal airplane for company business.

Steve
What he said was, “…travl related to company events.” That is company events. I would just stop attending the company picnics, Christmas parties, etc.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:41 PM
ddm502001
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

The main rub is corporate training, they REQUIRE us to drive down the night before and come into training at normal start time but they don't pay us until the normal start time. They do pay mileage but as I understand that is a 'reimbursement' for my expenses and NOT compensation as pay. Even then they say NO BIKES if we do not take the mileage, that is the BS part.

We are taking this through a attorney and his take so far is BS.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What a load of crap. In this age of trying to reduce traffic, reliance on foreign oil, and the strain on the environment, you would think companies would want us to ride motorcycles! Hopefully, a judge would get that.

This crap about insurance costs going up - the whole fear complex in general - is killing this country.

I hope the corporate clown who is pushing this keels over from a brain aneurysm ... he would have been safer on a motorcycle.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:55 PM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,267 Likes on 1,311 Posts

If you are on company time then it's their rules.

If you were to be involved in a wreck with your scooter while conducting business for your job then they are liable for the damages, workman's comp, lost time accident, etc.. Not hard to understand and yes, it sucks.

What really sucks (at least for you) is that I get to run errands all the time while I'm at work on my scooter.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:59 PM
txrancher47
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because of the inherent risks of motorcycles, I believe the company can mandate rules against riding IF your riding is on company time.

As far as discriminatory, the rule must be applied to all concern in the company. IMO, this is an issue that is applied to motorcylist, not an issue of motorcyclist vs cagers.

Just my opinion.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Jim Gumbel
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they impose the restriction of riding a bike on company business, then I would hope they will also detail what kind of car can be driven and how the maintenance is done on the death traps some of the people I know drive. They have more exposure on that than riding a bike. I ride everyday I can. I am down for the winter due to the weather.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:06 PM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

It is their nickel and their company, they can pretty much do what they want to when you are on company business. If you don't like it, you always have the option to quit. Now if they try to tell you not to ride to work, that is bullsh*t and probably could not be enforced.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:07 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ride while on the clock and get paid millage too. It's rare though. I have a company truck that I drive while at work. I sometimes have to go to a remote location on my way home and then it will be on my bike.
I hate companies that try to rule every aspect of your life. Tell you how to groom yourself and how long your hair can be. I mean WTF is this **** Germany?

Last edited by BLKBAGGER; 12-20-2009 at 02:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Discriminatory?