Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discriminatory?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mphamrick
Don't know how secure you are in your job but I would be careful......
He don't have a clue what it's like to be without a job. He'll be so remorseful and begging, when they tell him to hit the door.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by captaincaveman
therein lies the problem. The way I understood the OP, he is traveling to these functions on his own time. So not on the clock = none of the companies business
Work related functions have paid expenses, and the company is indeed liable if you get hurt on the way. If he wrecked his bike, his wife would be suing the company for allowing him to ride it (against workman's comp rules). And she'd win.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:08 PM
dhincc
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The company I work for has one rule ... 1 million in liability insurance must be carried on any vehicle used for work related transportation. If you carry that much, you can use your own vehicle, if not, get a rental. This is work related travel, usually between our three company sights in Texas.

They don't care what I ride or drive to and from work. They also don't care how I get to company dinners, etc, I guess because I'm salary and not "on the clock".

Ride safe and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Last edited by dhincc; 12-26-2009 at 12:55 AM.