Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discriminatory?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 08:37 AM
OU812
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
This is pretty much a policy where I work at too. I don't think it's unreasonable if you are traveling on Company time...

What you drive back and forth to work is another matter.

lp
+1 My work place if you are on the clock you drive co. wheels only.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dog155
Sounds like a Company being run by managers totally out of touch.Sad that you even have deal with something like that.What will be next a dress code?,marching to your cubicles,saluting?
Who's out of touch? Certainly not the managers.

Don't you guys "get" the liability aspects (mentioned many times)?????

It's like you don't wanna hear something, so you ignore it.

Do you really think these rules are made with the only reason being to **** off an employee???? Nothing to gain there.

If they gotta be responsible for insuring your injuries, then they indeed have the right to make you travel a safer mode of transportation (on their clock).
Too sensible for some to comprehend. Selfish crowd. "Me, me, it's all about me"!

Old 12-24-2009, 10:40 AM
chester1957
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As insurance companies reap greater and greater profits, they will use this money to purchase more and more of our elected officials.

The OP's problem came from an insurance company , not his company.

We have the best goverment that money can buy, been saying it for years.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Faast Ed
Banned

The OP's problem came from an insurance company , not his company.
That, and his inability to comprehend how lucky he is to have a good job in this economy. Many companies are cutting people left and right, and some are closing.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:21 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
Sorry, but I don't see the correlation between transporting yourself to work, and going to a work related event. You crash on the way to work, you are off the clock and insure yourself. A work related event brings workmans comp into the picture. Until they tell you what to drive to work daily, you are reaching way too far to even think that will ever happen.

A work related event, is not supposed to be a paid vacation.
It is work related business.

Their company, their events, to challenge that is only making yourself look like a "troublemaker" and possibly expose you to be put out with the other 15% who have no job at all!

I consider this a very petty thing that you are complaining about.

Appreciate what you have, for it may be gone tomorrow.
Unlike your thoughts....

The company I work for doesn't own me. Therefore they cannot tell me what I will and will not do on my personal time, nor will they tell me what vehicles that I can and cannot drive. Period. It's thoughts like yours that required the unions to be formed in the first place. Because the companies thought that they owned their employees and had the rights to make them do anything that they wanted.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:07 PM
captaincaveman
Tourer

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
Who's out of touch? Certainly not the managers.

Don't you guys "get" the liability aspects (mentioned many times)?????

It's like you don't wanna hear something, so you ignore it.

Do you really think these rules are made with the only reason being to **** off an employee???? Nothing to gain there.

If they gotta be responsible for insuring your injuries, then they indeed have the right to make you travel a safer mode of transportation (on their clock).
Too sensible for some to comprehend. Selfish crowd. "Me, me, it's all about me"!
therein lies the problem. The way I understood the OP, he is traveling to these functions on his own time. So not on the clock = none of the companies business

Old 12-24-2009, 05:12 PM
KopperTop
Road Captain

I'd really like to see the actual policy, but it doesn't sound like there's much to get worked up about. No one mandates how you commute to work -- you can walk, drive, ride, take the bus or parachute in from an airplane. Once you're conducting company business, they can tell you what to wear, whether or not you can drink at lunch, and how you get from A to B while on company business (fly coach, drive, etc.). What's the big deal? If you don't like your company's rules, get another job for cryin' out loud.

Old 12-24-2009, 05:42 PM
miketami
Cruiser

Every time I read a post like this I understand why I have such a hard time finding Americans to work for me. My business, my rules. You dont like it, no problem go work some place else. You dont have any constitutional right to work for me. People that actualy want a job and want to work for thier pay dont seem to have any problem with my rules. We Americans are so predictable, dont like it sue.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:43 PM
mphamrick
Road Warrior

Don't know how secure you are in your job but I would be careful......

Old 12-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by ftanner
Unlike your thoughts....

The company I work for doesn't own me. Therefore they cannot tell me what I will and will not do on my personal time, nor will they tell me what vehicles that I can and cannot drive. Period. It's thoughts like yours that required the unions to be formed in the first place. Because the companies thought that they owned their employees and had the rights to make them do anything that they wanted.
You are starting to **** me off man.

You know dam well this has nothing to do with your "personal time".
It's about WORK RELATED time where WORKMANS COMP has to pay for your roadrash because your were on company time.

Don't turn this around on me man. Perhaps this union chit you mentioned is why so many companies are closing their doors. Stupid selfish logic like YOURS. Rediculous demands that bankrupt the company.

Work related function is NOT "paid vacation".

THEY pay his travel expense, THEY can indeed insist on a safer mode of transport.

Quick Reply: Discriminatory?