Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slip on exhaust for 2010 road glide

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 12:03 AM
frostydawg69
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slip on exhaust for 2010 road glide

im fixin to buy a 2010 road glide and im looking for the best slipon exhaust.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:35 AM
GarArnett
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"best" is subjective. Depends on what you want it to be "best" at. I'm looking at the Jackpot Power Tube to put on mine, based on it being SAE sound limit compliant, though just checking the website, it is no longer listed as such.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:56 AM
Sancho
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is not a lot to choose from for a 2010 Glide. I put on a SE Nightstick. No download required, didn't change air cleaner. Bike runs fine. EPA compliant. Nice sound. $249. Vance and Hines also has a couple of slip ons. I've never heard a V&H's but I emagine it's the same deal if all you do is put on the slip on. I think V&H is better quality.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:47 AM
frostydawg69
Cruiser

I was thinkin vance and hines since I have that on my 09 heritage and they sound good Iwas just kinda wondering what else was out there. Do you have a way of posting a sound clip of yours?

Old 12-20-2009, 06:21 AM
SE120RG
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check with FuelMoto(site sponsor). They have great products that perform very well

Old 12-20-2009, 07:25 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,855 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Presently I am using Fuelmoto's Jackpot Powertube. It's a great little pipe.

Cons: It is not very large, is smaller in diameter than the stock muffler, and has the same welds near the front as a stock pipe (not all that pretty).
So it looks kinda like a stock pipe that went on a diet and got a slash down cut in the process. Point is... it's not very bling. Not a deal breaker though.

Pros:
It was only 219 (250-ish) shipped.
To me, it sounds amazing. # 1 is that there is No drone on the highway like the friggin Boss Fatcat I had on my 09 Ultra. It's not "loud" but louder and DEEPER than stock.
It has a removeable baffle that looks just like the Boss Fatcat Baffle. In fact from the rear it looks like a Fatcat in just about every way.
It rumbles deeply during idle, gives a nice bark when you get on it, and mellow (but can still hear it) on the road at speed.

All in all its a great pipe and I would buy it again. It does what I want it to anyway. No comments about performance.
If I go that way I will drill the Cat and put on my Ness A/C but for now I'm just cruizing and enjoying it for what it is. Not chasing HP/TQ for now.

lp

Old 12-20-2009, 08:59 AM
stewy1200c
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm going with the Vance & Hines Ovals. Not the Monster Ovals, the Oval slip on's. great quality, sound, looks. $$450.00. A friend of mine has them on his 09 SG so I have heard the sound 1st hand. You can find sound clips for many differant pipes on You Tube. just search by name of pipe.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Willy G.
Road Captain

Originally Posted by frostydawg69
im fixin to buy a 2010 road glide and im looking for the best slipon exhaust.
The best Hmmmmm, I'd have to say Fuel Moto. For power increase they've done all the testing and the sound is just right. (for me anyway) Get their package, you won't regret it.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:08 AM
the4thgearkid
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I dont know about the best.... I put the SE slip-ons and enjoy the sound. Much better than stock. I will never forget, I bought the 09' got home and took my wife for a ride. She got off and said, "This isnt loud enough." She likes (the se-slip ons) them because she dont go deaf.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Paul P
6th Gear
Default V&H Power Duals and Monster Ovals

Hello all, I added V&H Power Duals and Monster Ovals to my 2010 FLHX along with a PC V and Heavy Breather AC. I am very pleased with the performance based on the seat of the pants dyno. The expense is much greater than a 2 into 1 slip on, but I believe the V&H headpipes improve performance and sound (no catalyst). The sound of the Monster Ovals is great, by great I mean DEEP RUMBLE but not exceptionally loud. I can still hear the radio at 70 mph, but when the throttle is twisted they sound very authoritative.

Quick Reply: slip on exhaust for 2010 road glide