Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage I questions ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 11:11 AM
afphinfan
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage I questions ...

I have an 01 Ultra w/MM EFI that I plan on upgrading to stage I. I got a quote from Jamie at FuelMoto for the PCIII and a Ness Big Sucker. I'm wondering if I'd rather get an SE kit instead of the Ness ... read alot of poor reviews of both so that doesnt help much. Does anyone know on that old of a version of the SE kit, is the filter still a real K&N? Also when it comes to changing filters is one version easier/cheaper to find than the other? Also, does the backplate on either one look better, etc?

I plan on keeping the stock cover if that helps. Sorry for all the questions but after searching I'm more confused. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Old 12-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by afphinfan
I have an 01 Ultra w/MM EFI that I plan on upgrading to stage I. I got a quote from Jamie at FuelMoto for the PCIII and a Ness Big Sucker. I'm wondering if I'd rather get an SE kit instead of the Ness ... read alot of poor reviews of both so that doesnt help much. Does anyone know on that old of a version of the SE kit, is the filter still a real K&N? Also when it comes to changing filters is one version easier/cheaper to find than the other? Also, does the backplate on either one look better, etc?

I plan on keeping the stock cover if that helps. Sorry for all the questions but after searching I'm more confused. Thanks and Merry Christmas!
It is confusing after reading so many post on here. I can tell you from my experience. I just picked my 09 UC up yesterday from my Dealer. I had him do the Stage1 upgrade with the SE AC The SE filter is washable but you do not oil it like a K&N. NO, the SE kit does not come with the K&N filter. I've been told and read post on here that say's Jamie's kit's from Fuelmoto does have the K&N filter. They use the same backplate as HD does. You can get the backplate in chrome if you like. I don't know how much of the backplate you see with your stock plate. With the football cover on my 08, I don't see a lot of the Backplate. Hope this helped

Old 12-19-2009, 04:00 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

I'd go with the Ness or the K&N kit. I think Jamie sells thos as well.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:49 PM
afphinfan
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronp42
NO, the SE kit does not come with the K&N filter. I've been told and read post on here that say's Jamie's kit's from Fuelmoto does have the K&N filter.
I know the newer ones do not come with a K&N but was wondering if the older one for my model does ... apparently at some point they used to, of course I guess even the ones produced recently were probably changed (not likely to have 8 yr old stock for a popular item I guess). I'm glad to hear that Jamie's kit does, I will check with him ... thanks!!