Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody Use the Harbor Freight Lift Table?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Night Crawler
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

I don't know anything about them, but if they're made in China or Taiwan, you'll probably regret seeing your good money gone bad in a few years.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:32 PM
bradleys
Tourer
Received 189 Likes on 67 Posts

The most recent copy of Cycle World has a Harbor Freight add with both a 20% coupon and a $279 coupon for the 1000 LB Lift.

I am trying to decide if I want to use the 20% coupon for the 1200 LB air lift model or just purchase the smaller unit.

1000 LB Manual Lift - List Price $399

1000 LB Air Lift - List Price $429

1200 LB Air Lift - List Price $479

Of course I like the 1200 lb model. And with the the coupon I can get it for $385... Not too bad of a price.

Last edited by bradleys; 12-18-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:49 AM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer107
Typically I stay away from most Harbor Freight stuff but I have seen some good reviews on the lift tables they sell. They are not anything I would use in a commercial shop but your average joe screwing around in his garage they might be ok.

Thoughts? Air or Manual pump?

Anyone have actual experience, not just an opinion?

TIA.
I bought one two years ago for $280.....It worked very well the ONE time I lifted a bike with it...........Once I got the scoot up on the lift, I said, "OK, that's cool, now what do I need this for? I still needed at least a scissor jack if I expect to pull a wheel or whatever......So I bought a J&S jack and used the HF lift table as an elevated workbench till it got in my way in the shop. Yep, I had a 300LB flex height workbench that was a bear to move around and was always in my way.

Finally, one day on this forum I made an offer to all. I stated that the first guy who showed up could have my new HF lift table for FREE....In less than 3 hours some guy showed up from down around Lafayette with a trailer and drug it home.

I ain't never missed it. I am constantly doing mods on all my scoots and never NEEDED a table lift even tho I sometimes tear one down to parade rest. I do however, cheer at all the floor space I regained by giving it away.

The HF lift table worked just fine. I endorse it in that reqard. It's good stuff at a great price, but first decide if you need it and can accomodate it's footprint. Then be realistic and ask yourself just WHEN you might really need it over a good and much smaller jack like the J&S.

This ain't OCC TV where we build scoots from scratch. We instead need to safely lift them maybe 24" to clean and/or swap wheels/tires and maybe perform a big bore conversion and roll them around. A really solid jack like the J&S does all that just fine and takes up lots less room.

I can't say the J&S is cheaper cause it's actually more expensive.....But I can say it offers me more flex and takes up less space than any lift table no matter what the cost.

Before I bought the HF lift table I first bought both the red and gold Sears jack, then also the HF jack....All three were floppy/wobbly and downright dangerous unless the scoot was strapped down and unless I fabbed all sorts of wood shims and adapters to work with the various HD models.....I bought the HF lift table thinking it would offer the stability I sought...Well, it was fersure stable but it took up way too much room and didn't offer me the total flex I needed and the stability originally sought with just a jack that required NO adapters or straps and still allowed me to tear a scoot completely down. All the table did was raise my problem to eye level where I still needed to get the wheels off the ground to go from there.

My J&S jack allows me to do all that with no straps or shims or adapters.....I've yet to discover any reason to need anything different......All my HD buds can scoot up, and I can jack them up on my J&S and get right to work without straps or adapters. Their bikes sit so solidly on my J&S that even my portly friends can climb onboard to test fit their new bars/seats and I never worry it might topple off.

I suggest you get what you really need, not what you first think you need......I offer my advice after spending several hundred bucks on wasted lifts/jacks that I gave away free. I don't bother to sell any of my takeoffs or discards, I simply give them away and always info the taker why it's free.

If you want to benifit at my expense and you really want the best way to safely lift your HD bike (no matter the model) to perform whatever you might someday decide to do, then just buy a J&S or it's equal.

Last edited by oinker02; 12-19-2009 at 01:39 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:25 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought the Harbor Freight Air / Hyd table lift 3 years ago and it's great for the price, no problems.

Attached Thumbnails Anybody Use the Harbor Freight Lift Table?-bike-tires.jpg  
Old 12-19-2009, 07:16 AM
ANIMAL03
Grand HDF Member
Received 757 Likes on 479 Posts

i just got one and love it lifts the rg no problem, had the snow blower on it last night,, geting ready for the two feet of snow. the lift was a good buy.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:18 AM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ANIMAL03
i just got one and love it lifts the rg no problem, had the snow blower on it last night,, geting ready for the two feet of snow. the lift was a good buy.
Which one from HF?

Old 12-19-2009, 08:25 AM
eddieo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got this HF electric model. Anybody else have this one?

List was $599, sale good till sometime in Jan. 2010 for $499, but I had Mgr. give me 20% off because it was in stock on the floor, and I then used a 20% off coupon I got from one of my magazines. HF part # 66247.

- eddieo

Attached Thumbnails Anybody Use the Harbor Freight Lift Table?-66247.jpg  
Old 12-19-2009, 08:28 AM
Taylorized
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Use mine all the time.

A center jack is a must.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:34 AM
gw01deuce
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had the 1000# air for about 2 years, use it often... rolls up under my workbench when not in use so it's out of the way... Love the lift, hate crawling around on the floor...

GW

Old 12-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Redneck
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have purchased one but for me didn't have the space so went with the Kendon Cruiser Lift, works great for me.

Quick Reply: Anybody Use the Harbor Freight Lift Table?