Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Signature vs. Mustang solo

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 07:38 PM
threeten
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Glide'n09
I have the Signature series on my SG. I love the ride, but it sits me a little too high to flat foot the bike when stopped. I am looking at buying a Ultra seat to sit me a little lower in the saddle. I have lost the need for a solo since I leave the tour pak on most of the time.. May be selling my whole set(have passenger pillion) as well.

Blake

I'm tall and I don't anticipate a problem flat-footing the RK even with a new seat. How adjustable is the back rest on the Signature, and does it give you good support above the tail bone?

Old 12-18-2009, 08:00 PM
Glide'n09
Tourer

Originally Posted by threeten
I'm tall and I don't anticipate a problem flat-footing the RK even with a new seat. How adjustable is the back rest on the Signature, and does it give you good support above the tail bone?

Plenty of support. If I was to raise it all the way up it would probably go mid back on me. All the way down, I have solid support from the seat and back rest. Has a good 1-1.5 inches forward and back adjustment.

I was thinging of sending it to MCC to have them lower it, but dont want to put another 150 into it...

Old 12-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Cookiemuncher
Advanced
Default seats

the last Mustang I had was real disappointing(that is about the best thing I could say about it) I have a Signature on my Street Glide and I have back problems,also i am 6'1" and love it. The back rest is adjustable both forward and back and up and down. For the money I think it is a awesome seat.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Glide'n09
Tourer

Originally Posted by Cookiemuncher
the last Mustang I had was real disappointing(that is about the best thing I could say about it) I have a Signature on my Street Glide and I have back problems,also i am 6'1" and love it. The back rest is adjustable both forward and back and up and down. For the money I think it is a awesome seat.
If I could flat foot, I would definately agree. I am going to be trying my brothers Ultra seat on my bike tomorrow. If I like it, I am gonna sell the solo and find the Ultra seat for my SG..

Old 12-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have Mustang's solo seat without the rider backrest because I moved the King Tour Pack forward 4" and up about 3" on an aluminum frame I made and use Mustang's passenger wraparound backrest mounted to it. My wife refuses to ride so this is a true solo rig.

Anyway, Mustang's solo seat is very well made although I haven't done a side-by-side comparison with Harley's.

For what it's worth, Mustang's passenger wraparound backrest is much better made than Harley's and I have compared them side-by-side.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:31 PM
g.w.
Advanced
Cool

I just installed a mustang solo seat with back rest and love it, i am 6 2" It does sit a little higher than other solo seats but i adjust my highway pegs accordingly because as far as compfort goes mustang cant be beat.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:35 AM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the Signature but ditched it for a Mustang solo /backrest. For me, Mustang was more comfortable and sat lower. I can now do a 600 mi day easily (post back surgery).

Old 12-19-2009, 05:15 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

I want a solo for my RG, but I can't sit higher, need one that sits like stock or lower....