Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just saw a brother in the road...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 10:05 AM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Just saw a brother in the road...

Sorry to be so grim this time of year but I fugured I could get this out of my head with those of you who "get it". I keep seeing his face. Send out a prayer/good thought for this man and his family.

We've all heard the stories and have had our fair share of close calls or crashes in some cases. But to look on this man was powerful.

Driving into work today I came upon the scene where a guy had been nailed in an intersection...his body was in the road...the bike 20 feet away. I am not going to comment on cause, helmet, etc. as I was not there. Six LEO's walked a sheet over to cover him.

I don't know the circumstances...but just wanted to send out the note to pause and send good thoughts and/ or prayers to this brother stranger no longer with us. Not sure why, but this scene haunts me and I feel for his family.

This is in Boulder, CO...last week it was like 5 degrees, this week 50 degrees. Sand and shadow ice here and there. Lot's of people from all over the country move here (crazy varied driving styles) and of course in Boulder many students. Not that it's worse than anywhere else...but it is nuts in the subdued light time of year and at 7:30A plenty of people rushing.

It was another reminder for me...on many levels.

-SG

Old 12-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Prayers to his family. Tough time of year to be losing a loved one.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:30 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Yes, that is a tough one allright.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Buddha2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been in your shoes and it is something you never forget. You are correct in that we should all say a prayer for this man in our own way. The loss of a life in this manner is never acceptable. Hopefully we all can learn to be more aware while riding and driving.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:02 AM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Indeed...

Thanks - I was a little worried about dropping a note like this, but glad you share the idea of sending-out a prayer (in whatever way we may do that) for this stranger...just seemed like the right thing to do.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:11 AM
houstonhdguy
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

That is tough, especially this time of year. I can't imagine how difficult that has to be for the family of the rider down. Sorry you had to experience that too.

Not too much into the karma type thing, but I think reminders like this could maybe save the lives of many, many people if it helps them to be more alert and a little more careful when riding. It's usually the "other guy" we have to watch out for...

Old 12-16-2009, 11:27 AM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What you are experiencing is called PTSD. Any traumatic event can trigger this. Sorry you are having to deal with this, however the effects may be just temporary.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:42 AM
jsimo7
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Prayers to his family .. bad day for all

Old 12-16-2009, 11:52 AM
NYBagger92
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

RIP to the rider.
The rider has not been named yet.

A terrible time of year to lose a loved one, as if there is any better time. Prayers go out to the family and friends of the Rider.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:04 PM
mphamrick
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Prayers to the family of our fallen brother. I to have experienced what you are going through and it took awhile to get over it. I still think about it on occasion, it happened to be a friend riding in our group that had a massive heart attack and died on his bike. There were eleven us riding together and fortunatly no one else was involved.

Quick Reply: Just saw a brother in the road...